“Road Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Chelan, Washington
“Road Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Lovely, lovely Inn. The grounds a amazing, the trail system is a great way to get to and from town. The staff is just the right amount of help. The rooms are so comfortable, ours had a card table. Valerie checked us in and was so accommodating, cheerful and wealth of information! We ate at Joes, the house made potato chips were a nice touch. We will be back and telling our friends.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Central Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I absolutely love this resort. This is our second visit and can't wait to return. Beautiful setting in a picturesque valley. The grounds are filled with lavender, rosemary, citrus trees, olive trees, eucalyptus, succulents - a true gardener's paradise. And it has the most beautiful golf course I've seen. A fabulous place to de stress while giving all your senses a treat.

Room Tip: Love room by the herb garden and adult pool. Food is also fit for foodies.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am currently here at a large group conference and this is my first time here at Ojai Valley Inn but i believe my group has been here before for a retreat. Upon arrival, we were greeted by many staff, it was welcoming. We self parked. The first day of the conference was fine. Lunch was mediocre, some sandwiches that were on the dry side.

After the conference, I went to the front to grab my luggage that I had them hold for me since I was not assigned a room until later that afternoon. The guy at the front, Brock, said that all bags with the conference all went to the rooms. This was a little suspicious since all they had asked me for was my last name when they grabbed the bag and I did not have a room yet when they were given the bag. But I walked the 10 min to my room to find that my luggage was not there. I call the front desk and was put on hold for >10 min and so hung up. Next I called the bell captain and I suppose spoke with Shaun. it took several phone calls and a long time to finally get my bags, which had my phone charger. My phone was about to die. As a result, I could not charge my phone and be in touch with my husband who was coming in later that evening while I attended a dinner. I also lost a lot of free time waiting for my bag whereas I could have been enjoying the resort. The resort has yet to apologize for any of this. I found out later the bag was sent to the wrong room. I am a frequent traveler to many and all different level of hotels and this is a first.

Today, our second day of conference we had better food at the luncheon, mexican fare. But there were issues with climate control at the meeting where we were intermittently stifling hot and then freezing cold.

And now I am back at my room at 3pm and the room is not made up yet. I know for a fact that there was no one in the room as of late morning.

The only thing that this resort does above and beyond any other resort I have been to is their shuttle system late at night, coming to and from dinner in heels was a breeze. Not sure if my employers paid extra for this service though.

I had heard many good things about this place, but am not impressed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
OjaiResort, Guest Relations Manager at Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you msylee22 for taking the opportunity to speak with me in person prior to your departure on Sunday as I know you were busy with your group meetings. We sincerely appreciate your candid feedback as it helps us to evaluate our performance and determine the areas to focus on for training and development. I assure you, your experience was certainly not to our 5-diamond standard of service and I have addressed with each of the department managers to ensure these issues do not occur in the future. We pride ourselves on delivering an uncompromising level of luxury and excellent service to all of our guests. I do look forward to seeing you back at the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa and ensuring your experience is nothing short of perfect.

Again thank you for taking the time to speak with me and for sharing your experience with us!

All the best,

Dominic Donatoni
Director of Guest Relations
Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Its my 4th time to the resort and it is my go to place. This time i did the spa, first the kuyam if you haven't had this experience you should it's the only one in the united states, i also had a massage that was awesome & then a customized facial again amazing. All the staff is very guest friendly. My husband golfed and he says the course is top notch and beautiful. The food is good but pricey, they have a fresh juice bar at cafe verde its a must. Also the fitness classes are great. Ojai downtown is a jewel in the rough. on sundays they have fresh local framers market and the knead bakery is awesome and great restaurants. Ojai is where my heart lives.

Room Tip: I request rooms down by spa.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I escaped to Ojai from LA for a weekend away without the kids in June. The Ojai Valley Inn and Spa was the perfect place. The service was friendly and competent, the hotel and grounds were beautiful. We stayed in one of the buildings near the spa and loved the location, but I was a little disappointed with the decor of the room. Also, our room was on the bottom floor, so it was a little dark. Next time I would ask for a room that's higher up. We ate at Jimmy's Pub for lunch, the Oak Grill for dinner and room service for breakfast. We also ordered food at the pool. All the food was good, but very pricey, which we expected. The pool scene was nice but then turned a little too club-like after a certain hour, with loud, sort of cheesy music. We still enjoyed ourselves. I wouldn't want to be in a room near the pool, though. My husband got a body scrub at the spa and was happy with the service. We had a really nice, relaxing weekend and are looking forward to going back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Came here with a living socials deal in April for a couple's weekend. It's been on my bucket list for a while, and I'm so glad Living Social had a deal. We originally booked the Shanghai Fireplace Suite for a Saturday, but there was a few weddings taking place so were complimentary upgraded to a villa. It was HUGE and so beautiful. Bedroom, fireplace, bathroom (with separate shower and tub), 2 TVs (one in living room area) and one in bedroom, side bar, and beautiful private outdoor patio that came with comfortable outdoor furniture and outdoor fireplace. All furnishings were comfortable, cozy, and luxurious.

We went to the hotel restaurant for dinner (Maravilla). It was good, a bit overpriced, but that's at all hotels. But the service and ambiance was beyond perfect.

Went to the spa. Fantastic! Best spa I've ever been. Steam room, several outdoor pools, and the massage was amazing...you can pick from three different oils (lavender, citrus, and something else). I chose lavender which was divine! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Pick any room with a fireplace to enhance your experience!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My friend and I were celebrating our 50th birthdays. We go the spa package. The spa's therapists were top notch. We had an anti aging facial, body wrap, and massages. They were all spectacular. The staff were very friendly and it was all very inviting. We will be coming back again.

Room Tip: Excellent view from this room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ojai Valley Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!