“Beyond our expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ojai
Los Angeles, California
“Beyond our expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My friend and I were celebrating our 50th birthdays. We go the spa package. The spa's therapists were top notch. We had an anti aging facial, body wrap, and massages. They were all spectacular. The staff were very friendly and it was all very inviting. We will be coming back again.

Room Tip: Excellent view from this room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We just got back from a weekend celebrating my birthday with our two young children. We traveled to several So.Cal resorts in the past couple of years, and hands down, Ojai Valley Inn has to be our favorite so far. It's amazing that only an hour or so away from L.A, is this incredibly peaceful resort in a lovely little artist's town.

I could heap praise on the rooms and the immaculate grounds, like other reviewers, and I gladly will, but there are many pretty places in So. Cal. What we felt truly makes this place special is the incredible staff; to a man/woman everyone we encountered just bent over backwards to see we had everything we could want. Over and over we were impressed by the thoughtful little touches, like complimentary sunscreen at the pool (first time I've seen that) or fresh seasonal fruit in the rooms. At one point my husband inquired about where he could purchase some lime (for our in-room cocktails) and the staff immediately rushed to get him a whole bowl of cut up lines, no charge.

Our children were treated as welcomed guests as well- this is a resort that really welcomes the little ones while still keeping a luxurious and peaceful environment for other guests. If you have little children, you know that it's often hard to find places that allow them their natural exuberance without feeling guilty for disturbing others. Ojai Valley Inn is thoughtfully designed to allow plenty of space for both kids and adults, which really helps we parents relax and enjoy. The main family pool has both a larger fresh/salt water pool as well as a wading pool for the very littlest kids (with shade) and a whole box of pool toys. We also took advantage of Camp Ojai, which our kids loved (they have different activities each day if your kids go more than once) and which allowed relaxation time for we parents. The resort also offers bikes with kid seats for the easy, paved and shaded trail directly into town.

If there was any downside, I'd have to agree with others that food and beverage can be very pricey. These are definitely resort prices. I would also have liked to see more variety for the vegetarian/vegan and I think in the coming years the food and beverage options will continue to evolve. In the meantime, there are many great dining options only a few blocks away in town, if you can pull yourself away from the resort.

The resort offers way more than we could take advantage of in just one weekend, and we can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: I think we had a Fireplace Mini Suite - which had a wonderful patio overlooking the golf course with...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Ojai Valley inn & spa is a beautiful property. However the prices for food and services are a bit high. The service was mostly excellent, especially Spencer in the golf shop, Alisa at the Oak grill, and the vallets. There were only two negative experiences I had there, with an older balding gentalmen at the golf course. I signed for a golf cart and when I handed him the receipt he responded in what seemed like anger/ frustration and rudely shouted we don't have enough carts. Even after Spencer ask him to give me a cart he continued with the same nasty attitude. I was so bothered by his attitude and the way he spoke to me I decided to cancel playing golf there. I was resigned to other activities during our stay. If not for Spencer I would have left the Ojai valley Inn & Spa with a less than good feeling. Overall the staff was friendly and the service was good. Be warned you may have sticker shock when the dinner tab comes, my wife and I had lunch at Jimmy's Pub, 2 tacos, a hot dog and three drinks (alcohol), $83 with tip. Normally not a problem as long as the food, the service and price are at that same level. If I'm paying top dollar I want good food and good service. I won't compromise on either. I rate the food at a generous 3 out of 5. The servce was mostly very good. I liked the Ojai Valley inn and Spa. I don't think that we'll return and for me, that's the bottom line, would I want to spend my time & $$$$ for a less than memerable experience. The finisher was my feeble attempt to sleep in and order room service, which was squashed by the concierge who answered for the front desk. Oh well with only 308 guest rooms I guess made an unreasonable request.

• Stayed September 2013
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Ojai is a great place for a few days of R&R. This hotel is perfect for couples, girlfriend trips, or solo. The golf course is a well maintained, nice course. The spa is relaxing, and the services are quality at a fair price. The spa facility is kept clean, nice amenities and the staff is attentive. The spa pool as well as the hotel pool are both relaxing environments, clean and not reeking of chlorine. The air quality in Ojai is awesome, the mountain views are refreshing, the stars at night are serene. While the hotel has good restaurants onsite, the small town offers a few really nice and incredibly relaxing dining establishments. This is a fantastic get-a-way location. You will enjoy the environment, the R&R pampering and leave feeling rejuvenated. No hustle and bustle in Ojai, just fresh clean air, mountains and quiet serenity. The spa is not as "lush" looking as some newer facilities - but it is worth every penny because the staff treats you like a five star luxury resort should treat its guests. Jimmy's bar is a favorite place after golf, but also in the evenings too. Thoroughly enjoy our stays here. The "rustic" rooms are spacious, very clean, nice amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Beautiful property with amazing vistas. Maravilla is a memorable dining experience. Our room was wonderful except we were close to Jimmy's Pub and Oak Grille...so early in the morning, I had the staff preparing in the kitchen for breakfast. I am a light sleeper so I can forgive this as our experience was amazing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I love taking my wife to this resort because whatever stresses she has been carrying seem to fade away after a weekend in Ojai. Being catered to at the spa, a refreshing swim in the pool, an evening walk through the romanticaly lit grounds and breakfast on the patio... what women wouldn't feel better! The only down side is that now she wants to remodel our home to look like the Ojai Valley Inn. Men, care for your wife in Ojai. When she is happy, life is good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed with my Mom last month, and it was sooo great! The weather here is so beautiful, it was very sunny all day, and the early morning fog was lovely. We had a room overlooking the golf course, and from our window we saw deer prancing in the early morning and bunnies. (visiting from San Diego here, def. city gals) The pool is excellent, and the blonde cabana boy was very helpful and friendly. Service was great throughout our stay. The bellman even gave us an intro tour when we arrived on a golf cart and offered good restaurant recomendations. The food and service was outstanding and we will definitly be back...what a beautiful place! Some addt. noteworthy things, the quiet and serene atmosphere, beautiful running trails, and free yoga! I'm ready to move in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ojai Valley Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!