“Excellent Girl's Getaway Trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter Midweek Escape
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Girl's Getaway Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

There were 4 of us on this year's girls trip and we picked this resort as it offered so many amenities and we were not dissapointed. The Shangr-la rooms were wonderful and great to share (we booked 2 rooms between the 4 of us). We had a spa day and all of the treatments we had were well beyond our expectations and priced right. The golf course was in great shape even though we did not use it. We used the garden pool and hot tub which was excellent, drinks were even brought to us as well as sunscreen.
There is a resort fee and it is well worth it, we used several of the facilities and went to several of the stretch and yoga classes that were offered.
Our dining experience in the Oak room was wonderful and again priced right.

The location of this resort is perfect as we landed in L.A. and drove in after we stopped at the Premium Outlet Mall, we also did a day trip over to Santa Barbara and returned to Ojai the back way and drove by Lake Casitas. The town of Ojai offered us some wonderful dinning choices especially since we were foodies.

Can't wait to go back, maybe next year????

Room Tip: Shangri-La rooms are worth it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Purchased the Relax and Rejuvenate package for my wife's birthday with the expectations of doing just that, relax and rejuvenate. Upon arrival we were escorted to the spa for our treatments, which were without a doubt the best three hours of the trip. After our treatment was done we were given our room key directed to our building complex. Upon arrival we were surprised to find that our suite had not been cleaned after the prior guests visit (beds not done, trash on ground). We immediately contacted the front desk and told them about our situation to which they seemed very apologetic and gave us a key and escorted us to another room. This room was clean, however it looked more like a hotel room rather than suite, no fireplace, no balcony as we had reserved. We did not even bother to go in but rather just turned around with the bellboy and headed back up to the front desk. The third time was a charm, or so we thought. We finally received a suite comparable to the first one, but clean so we were satisfied. After resting for a bit we took off for drinks over at Jimmy's Pub and dinner at the Maravilla restaurant which were both excellent. After a late dinner we decided to call it a night at which point our stay took a turn for the worse. As it turns out the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa is a pet friendly establishment (unbeknownst to us) and we had the luck of the adjacent guest checking in checking in with a Pomeranian after we had retired to bed. Between the barking dog and the loud music (it turned out they were part of a wedding party) I finally had to get up at midnight to go talk to them about toning it down, which they readily obliged. However by 6 am the dog started barking again as it needed to go out and his owners were in no condition to help him out. I guess my main issue was if you had guests who were checked in under the "Relax and Rejuvenate" package why would you book a party with a dog right next to them? Shouldn't there be pet friendly and non pet friendly areas to the Inn? When I spoke with the Front Desk Manager (Samantha Boone) she was more than apologetic and offered to send us a credit for another nights stay so they could make it up to us, which I thought was a sincere gesture. Two months, 3 emails and 2 phone calls later I have not seen this gift certificate nor any other type of response which I feel shows an incredible lack of follow through. To say that I am dissatisfied would be an understatement, I would have rated them lower but I do have to concede that the Spa portion of the Inn is first rate.

Room Tip: If you are not bringing your dog with you ask for a room in a non pet friendly area!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I just had to write a review about this resort. I stayed here back in March with 3 girlfriends and it could not have been better. The service blew us away. Everyone is so friendly, and eager to help. We were thoroughly impressed with all employees we came into contact with. Some highlights: free wifi, spacious rooms, amazing staff, FREE fitness classes, beautiful grounds, did I mention the service? I highly recommend this resort and look forward to many future stays! Thanks OJAI!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I and another couple went to Ojai to visit friends. We choose t stay at the Ojai Inn and Spa.
We had a large room in Casa Blanca section.Our room was large and had a most comfortable couch besides the king bed and a gas fire place. The room had a coffee maker with good coffee which was nice. The bathroom had a separate room for the toilet which is most appreciated since two people can use the bathroom. The separate shower was nice. The view was of the golf course.

The golf course is pretty to look at even if you are not a golfer. I am told it it's a challangeing course and seeing the hilly terrain I would agree.

There is a spa with all kinds of treatments. My friend raved about their massages while I found mine to be typical of a spa. The spa area has a whirlpool and suana and steam which is nice, My friends took the paletes and yoga classes.

The Inn offers several food establishments but found them all average for breakfast and lunch. We had dinners in the local restaurants in the very nice downtown and were not disappointed.
There several swimming pools and good tennis courts.
Because everything is spread out and because of the hilly terrain walking is a requirement and for some a challange. They do have golf carts to transport guests if you call the operator and arrange it.

The Inn is very quiet and relaxing which is great

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Amazing customer service. Amazing!

- Everyone is attentive and well informed of the resort's amenities
- Completely family friendly. Kids received a teddy bear upon arrival and the family S'mores session around a firepit is tough to beat
- Property is beautifully maintained year-round

This last stay was my 6th with my family and I have not been let down once. Nothing beats outstanding customer service in a gorgeous setting. Can't recommend highly enough!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've always wanted to stay at the Ojai Valley Inn and finally go the opportunity for a wedding. The Inn way over exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to return with golf clubs and hiking shoes for a longer stay. This could be my go to place for getting out of Seattle.

Room Tip: check out the packages
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My three friends and I just returned from a fantastic girls weekend at this expansive resort. We snagged a great deal through Jetsetter. While we had to wait until almost 4 p.m. to check-in on Friday afternoon, we passed the time at Jimmy's Pub with strong mojitos. We took the trolley into town for dinner on Friday night.

Arriving at the adult pool past 1 pm on Saturday, we found the place packed (it was also quite warm outside so understandable that the pool was packed). However, James went above and beyond and made sure to find us a place to relax. We hung out in a cabana (with free drinks!) for a bit and then found a couple open loungers. Loved that they played chill music (lots of Coldplay) rather than club music near the pool.

After a few hours in the sun, we visited Georgia at the Artist's Cottage for a tile painting class. Even though this class was not on the calendar for Saturday, she stayed open just for us (and even past when she needed to clock out). Even though some of us are awful artists (me!), Georgia was encouraging and so patient. The four of us each got to paint two tiles and picked them up the next morning after Georgia had finished the baking process. To boot, the class was only $40 per person. Such a deal.

We had a delicious dinner on Saturday night at Oak Grill. I had the Romaine Salad and Tomato Soup. The crumble dessert was out of this world yummy. We had breakfast at Oak Grill the next morning too and everyone enjoyed their food. But $5 for coffee?!?! Kind of ridiculous when they give you free coffee and tea in the lobby. Don't forget to pick up a few pieces of your favorite candy in the lobby - I think we each grabbed a Laffy Taffy every time we walked through the lobby.

Finally, we enjoyed being able to take fitness classes. Because it fit our schedule, we did the stretching class early Saturday morning. Then, we did the Intermediate Yoga Flow class on Sunday morning. Both were fun but not too challenging.

Overall, we found the service to be outstanding. The staff was so nice and welcoming. We really enjoyed the resort and would all return.

Room Tip: We were in the building near the lobby. Decent walk to the spa and fitness center, but close enough...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ojai Valley Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!