“Luxurious getaway for mom and daughter” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Fall Midweek Escape
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ojai
Camarillo, California
“Luxurious getaway for mom and daughter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Everything about our room, the service, the food promoted relaxation and enjoyment.
We arrived early and were given many options to spend the extra time, so took a pleasant walk to town for a cappuccino.
The food at the Oak Grill was nicely served and tasty.
The room was spacious and extremely comfortable

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I will never tier coming to this hotel! Its proximity to the city and once you arrive the serenity amongst the most beautiful setting will never stop to amaze me

From just relaxing in the SPA, getting a fabulous dinner or just enjoying some R&R this is the place to be.

Room Tip: The fire place rooms are my favorite! Size is perfect they are private and beautifully appointed
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

A really great stay, my 2nd time going. We were able to stay for 2 mights this time (I stayed for one night before, loved it, and wanted to come back).

The rooms are REALLY pricey. We had a pretty basic room - I forget what they call it - vista room or something. It was nice - decent space, nice bathroom. We went to the spa and had massages and kuyam mud treatment. The services were great, and again REALLY pricey. Some of the priciest spa treatments I have had, aside from Vegas.

While we were at the spa we sent my daughter to a half day of Ojai Camp for kids. She is 9 and a half and LOVED it. I was glad they had something for her to do while we went to the spa. They kept her busy with activities and crafts, etc.

The grounds are beautiful, the herb garden wonderful, and the staff was very nice.

Overall, it was a great stay but I deduct a little bit because I always wonder if it is worth the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Los Angelse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

From the moment you call to book a room, the staff is ON and ready to make your stay memorable. When you arrive, the front desk made sure that the room was ready and included breakfast just by asking on top of the package, Taste of Ojai, that we chose. The Taste of Ojai included a room with an upgrade to a room with a fireplace which is really a junior suite by size and amenities. We did have one glitch of a battery in the fridge needing replacement so it beeped on and off for a while after we checked in. Three mainitenance men were on top of the fix in no time and had it handled in the most professional manner; Too bad this doesn't happen at home! We joked that we deserved a bloody Mary in the pub and they took this request seriously and comped the bloody Mary's we had at the pub! Really! The room had a mountain and golf course view and the winter scene was perfection. The room was absolutely spotless as was the bathroom. This room was set aside for handicap but the details were absolutely just like any other comparable room. The food in the 2 restaurants, the family dining and the seriously gormet room was divine and the service and ambiance in both rooms was unparalleled in my memory of fine dining establishements. The staff adrreses you by name and awaits any commands for food or service. We took a yoga class in the spa from a teacher that taught YinYangYoga which was perfect for us and she was a master at explanation and form for the class. We worked out in the gym as well and the machines are top notch and clean. We can't wait to go back SOON!!!!

Room Tip: Get the room with the fireplace in the winter months; it's worth the upgrade. Don't be shy w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

OK, who doesn't love this place! We treated ourselves to a weeknight special. We were in the Shangri La rooms, and got an upgrade to a room with a private balcony and gorgeous view of the Ojai valley. Every glowing review you read on this page is for real. We had a wonderful dinner at the Oak Grill, and they were very accommodating to our gluten-free requests. The weather was quite cool, so we didn't get to enjoy the beautiful outdoor pools, etc. Would love to come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Ojai Valley Inn and Spa was a fabulous choice for our holiday vacation. Our room was enormous and extremely comfortable. The Resort welcomes dogs and our 2 Cairn Terriers couldn't be happier. The grounds are just beautiful....the staff treats you very well. Had a very good meal at Maravilla....breakfast buffet at the Oak Grill is good....the spa treatments were great. All in all a terrific time was had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was there recently for a seminar for a week and fell in love with the place, the people and the town. I worried about the room they would give me as I was sharing with a stranger and as we were part of a large group I thought they may put us in a less desirable area...is there such a place there? We had a beautiful, large room with luxurious linens (a must in my book) and the most amazing veranda with a view of the mountains and golf course. The staff was lovely and accommodating. REALLY. I usually ate room service each night and they were so gracious. One day when I was sick they sent chicken soup to my room as a get-well remedy/gift from the Inn.

The pools were perfect and I adore the fact that some are children free. My own kids were at home so the last thing I wanted to see or hear were others' kids! (There weren't many kids there anyway). I highly recommend the daily free wellness classes (yoga, fitness hikes, etc) as the teachers are amazing. I only could make the early stretch class as I was in conferences the rest of the day but what a way to start my day!

One of my favorite things about the spa was the outdoor fireplaces that were lit at night. It was glorious to sit around with friends, share a cocktail or cup of tea and talk.

Room Tip: I can't remember the name of my building but it was near the main restaurants and had beautiful...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ojai Valley Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!