“re: great vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Ojai
Los Angeles
“re: great vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Ojai Valley Inn and Spa was a fabulous choice for our holiday vacation. Our room was enormous and extremely comfortable. The Resort welcomes dogs and our 2 Cairn Terriers couldn't be happier. The grounds are just beautiful....the staff treats you very well. Had a very good meal at Maravilla....breakfast buffet at the Oak Grill is good....the spa treatments were great. All in all a terrific time was had.

931 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was there recently for a seminar for a week and fell in love with the place, the people and the town. I worried about the room they would give me as I was sharing with a stranger and as we were part of a large group I thought they may put us in a less desirable area...is there such a place there? We had a beautiful, large room with luxurious linens (a must in my book) and the most amazing veranda with a view of the mountains and golf course. The staff was lovely and accommodating. REALLY. I usually ate room service each night and they were so gracious. One day when I was sick they sent chicken soup to my room as a get-well remedy/gift from the Inn.

The pools were perfect and I adore the fact that some are children free. My own kids were at home so the last thing I wanted to see or hear were others' kids! (There weren't many kids there anyway). I highly recommend the daily free wellness classes (yoga, fitness hikes, etc) as the teachers are amazing. I only could make the early stretch class as I was in conferences the rest of the day but what a way to start my day!

One of my favorite things about the spa was the outdoor fireplaces that were lit at night. It was glorious to sit around with friends, share a cocktail or cup of tea and talk.

Room Tip: I can't remember the name of my building but it was near the main restaurants and had beautiful...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We checked in in the beautiful lobby and had hot cider and cookies. Offered help to room but we declined. The place is enormous. We stayed in Fontana. We loved it! We only stayed one night and had planned outings outside the hotel, so we did not get to enjoy everything available. Next time my husband will golf, and I will get a spa treatment!

• Stayed December 2012
Anaheim Hills, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Decided to stay at Ojai Valley Inn based on advice from friend. Looked nice on website.
In person, the resort is stunning. Beautiful oak trees and lush maintained gardens and fairways surrounded by green (winter) mountains provided jaw-dropping views.
Service was consistently the best we've had from any resort or hotel. Staff was accommodating to any reasonable request. KC, Chef Oscar, Sommer, Robert, Alejandro and Rea were a few of the staff that made our 15th anniversary absolutely unforgettable. Thank you all!
They were 50% occupied, so it was very quiet, especially by the herb garden pool. Very relaxing. Dined at the Maravilla, Oak Grill and Cafe Verde. Food was excellent. Had spa treatments each day and the spa and spa services were perfect. Also, it's a short walk (1mi) to town for shopping along a nice walking/jogging trail.
I have nothing but positives to say about our 2 night stay.

Room Tip: We had a room close to the spa and dining, so walked everywhere we needed to go. They do have carts...
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our experience at Ojai Valley in and Spa begins the min the bell staff opens your door and doesn't end until the BEST VACATION HIGH wears off on the way home :)

Once again, the staff and the spa and the resort have delivered a 5 star experience---EVEN when faced with criticisms and a few complaints.

Two times during our stay we had SMALL issues, both times our issues were handled with such class and with over the top results.

While this resorts many amenities and rooms are all together fabulous, I would say that its the staff that really makes this hotel a 5 star experience EVERY TIME.

We will be back...in t-minus 60 days :) and then again to celebrate our anniversary for the SECOND time :)

Room Tip: The fireplace rooms during the winter really are worth it.
LA, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Shared 2 nights with my daughter and her best friend in honor of her 30th b-day. Our room, complete with fireplace and view of the golf course was perfect. Everything was immaculate, service twice-daily included delicious chocolates on the pillows. We were looking forward to the spa classes and weren't let down- yoga and pilates. I have to say, one of my favorite parts of the day was my facilitated stretch massage. Yes, as others have stated, they are pricey, but I felt fabulous after this deep stretch.

One disappointment was the restaurant- while the food we had was very good, they opened the conversation by informing us that they were out of 4 or 5 items on the menu. It wasn't late in the evening of in the week, so we were rather disappointed, given that the menu is already quite limited. I will add on the positive side that the do-it-yourself s'mores outside was wonderful.

Overall, I would highly recommend the OVI!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This place definitely grew on me. Perhaps because the day we arrived it was rainy, foggy, the place was empty and had a sort of blah energy to it, I wasn't so sure on what so many people rave about here. The room was nice, upgraded to overlooking the golf course with balcony and a lovely fireplace. It wasn't until the next morning when we woke up finally to a gorgeous blue sky and walked around the lavender scented grounds did I get to see how beautiful the resort is. Loved the pool by the herb garden.
The Spa facial was okay. I felt it was very overpriced for what it was. The downstairs relaxation area of the spa was a huge letdown- loud ladies talking everywhere, naked ladies (please put on a towel!!!) strutting all over the place..lying in the steam room.. I had to leave! Luckily I found the upstairs, which is much more quiet, with tea, and decorated in much more soothing plum tones, with a balcony you can escape to if people start chatting away.
Loved that the stretching and yoga classes were included in the rate!
We had the friendliest service at Jimmy's Pub and delicious cookies and cider as well as a cupcake in the lobby!
Overall a perfect place to escape to relax.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ojai Valley Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!