“Best birthday weekend ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Midweek Escape
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Ojai
Los Angeles, California
“Best birthday weekend ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I love Ojai Valley Inn & Spa...amazing amenities; fantastic, curteous, and professional staff. they really exceeded my expectations and i cant wait to go back. Made me feel so special as i celebrated my birthday. Clean, comfortable rooms and awesome spa services. Highly recommend to anyone who wants to unwind and relax.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

950 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
tustin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My daughter and I just returned for a delightful three days at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa and were more than impressed with the outstanding service, friendly staff, and comfortable accomodations. We were there for some mother/daughter R & R so we spent one day at the Spa enjoying the spa, sauna, steam and massage. This was after a delightful and brisk walk led by a member of the spa staff, then Yoga, then biking. Everything was top notch with the staff making us feel very welcome; they let us know they were glad to have us.
Lunch at the spa diningroom was fresh, delicious as well as beautifully presented. We also had a light "dinner" in the bar area of the main diningroom and again the staff treated us as if we were in the elegant main diningroom. One of the best cheese boards we've had in a long time. And a great tomato and buffalo mozzarella salad. And, of course, a good wine.

Room Tip: If you are planning to use the spa services, stay in one of the courtyard rooms near the spa and ove...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Could the the staff here be any nicer......? Besides assistance everywhere....there are just plain a lot of staff to help.....even the little PUB was over the top with service. It is one thing to be pampered at a spa ....another to be treated as royality!

BUT the kicker.......Stupidly, I left my IPad in the room. A quick call to Loss Preventions upon arriving home and they located it, packed it up and sent it back to me. Now that was impressive....and they were so nice too!

Thanks OJAI.....we will be back!

Room Tip: any room is good.....we however were down by the spa so parking was easy.....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mishawaka, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Our trip to this resort has been a real joke.We arrived at night during the rain and they told us were to park our car . We asked that somebody show us or meet us in parking lot and take us to our room . After waiting we drove back to the main office since they never came and the only telephone number we had was 800 number which we waited for somebody to answer and nobody answered. We drove back to main office again and after telling them off about how bad an experience this has started out we followed a man back to the parking lot and parked our car and bell captain put bags in cart and took us to our room.
Our room was cold and it has taken four hours for room to warm up..When we were getting ready for bed we notice that we were missing one of our bags.. We called the front desk and found the bell captain forgot to take bag out of cart.I guess it was to dark for bell captain to see since he forgot how many bags he put in cart.
O, I forgot to tell you we only had two bags.

Room Tip: Bring a flashlight you will need .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
OjaiResort, Manager at Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I sincerely apologize for the bell/valet service experience and if I had knowledge of the issue it would have been corrected immediately, in addition thank you for completing our internal survey and I'm pleased to see that the rest of your experience with Reservations, Oak Grill, Cafe Verde, your guest room and the Spa met your expectations and receive top marks. I look forward to discussing your arrival experience when we talk in the near future and the chance to regain your confidence.
Yours Sincerely,
Resort Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've stayed here over 10 times in the last 5 years. When I travel I find myself comparing every hotel to the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa.
Rooms are super clean, comfortable, lush. Service is incredibly courteous.
The grounds are impeccable.
There is an amazing cockatoo named Casper - go chat with him.
If its warm out, dine outside to catch the "Pink Moment" - the cynic in me says it's really just the sunset but its pretty!
The Spa services are pricey, but you get what you pay for. Try the Kuyam - spiritual and mental bliss.
I cant say enough about this place. I come here when I need to get away for the weekend and just relax.

Room Tip: Shangri-La rooms are my favorite. Roomy, fireplace.
Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ojai, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

even though I only live 3 miles from the Inn I still love vacationing here. I spend at least 3 nights here a year. Even though people travel from all over the workd to visit the Inn the locals also love it! This year my daughter sang at the Christmas Tree Lighting which was lovely. After we enjoyed a great dinner at the Oaks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My birthday gift to myself this year was a trip here with my husband. It was my first visit and I immediately started plotting my next visit. We stayed down by the Herb Garden, overlooking the pool area. Fresh after a rain, the lavender, sage and rosemary outside our door made me instantly calm. The property is beautiful and expansive. The staff took excellent care of us at every turn. I can't recommend this property enough if you need an escape.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ojai Valley Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!