“The Oaks at Ojai” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oaks at Ojai

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ojai
The Oaks at Ojai
122 East Ojai Avenue, Ojai, CA 93023   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Ojai
Santa Monica, California
“The Oaks at Ojai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Fabulous, just what is needed to relax! Spent the day, exercising and relaxing. Great food.
went to bed tired and got a great night sleep

staff is friend and pushes you as hard as you want to be pushed. Great for all ages!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Oak View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had a great massage, swim/hot tub, foot care and great lite healthy meals in the the center of town. Birthday gift from my wife. Great Gift! It was a wonderful day to spend with my wife. The building is beautiful and close to everything ojai.

Room Tip: Day trip...did not spend the night
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at The Oaks. This was my seconds visit, the first several years ago. This was like summer camp for adults. They served delicious healthy meals and snacks and there were many activities and classes to participate in. I found the entire staff extremely nice and welcoming. We chose a cottage rather than a room in the main building. This is a great way to kick start a healthy lifestyle. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We really enjoy going to the Oaks Health spa and the laid back feeling everyone has. Ojai is a nice town and we really enjoy the staff and meeting fellow guests that travel from all around the world to be at the spa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mililani, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I spent 7 days recently at the Oaks.. I have been researching facilitlies of this kind for awhile, a place where fitness and diet are the focus. One also in a nice environment and affordable were 2 of my other main criteria for this venture. I LOVED the oaks! It was definetely one of the most affordable spa/resorts of its kind that i found. It was like camp for women! We were all on a 1200 calorie a day food plan, I wont even say diet because the food was delicious! i would say i ended up loving at least 90% of what was served. And there were always alternate options if you didnt like what was on the menu..but i never opted for that. Every morning offered 3 hikes of varying levels of fitness, then a full schedule of exercise classes all day! Everything from zumba to bootcamp classes all taught by very cool instructors.
I went alone and chose to have a roommate. This could have been a scary proposition, but was just fine.. my roommate was close in age to me, and we got alot just fine..in fact i made a new friend.
The facility is definitely no frills, but all very clean and efficient. This is probably part of why the cost is affordable. I was very impressed by the constant efforts to recycle and stay green, they recommended writing your name on your plastic cups, and using the same towel for the day etc.. i appreciate these efforts. Shelia the owner was on site almost every day, she is amazing! almost 80 and still teaching classes and mingling with her guests constantly!
Im an avid exerciser, but tried many forms of new exercise and loved that!
Most of the women have been coming there for years and i will become one of them.. i cant wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: the rooms on the street side have balcony's but it can be alittle loud.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I grew up in this lovely town and came back to visit with my boyfriend. We arranged to stay at The Oaks and when we let Peter the General Manager know we worked in hospitality in NYC and we shared a few laughs about our industry. We had a fireplace and a patio and even a private place to lay out in the sun. The suite was as large as our apartment in the New York City area. The front desk staff had all our paper work waiting for us as we came into the hotel fairly late. The service from our housekeeper, the cooks, front desk, and management was spotless. We enjoyed staying in for one of the evening programs and appreciate how relaxed the atmosphere of the Oaks is for the guests. It was affordable, low key and in a beautiful setting. We will certainly be seeing you Maria, Oatley, Maura and all those we missed this time around.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My sister and I live on opposite sides of the continent. In January 2013 we got together at The Oaks at Ojai for the Yoga/Tai Chi/QiGong/Pilates week. We stayed in a regular double room on the second floor. Everything was perfect! We loved our room. Even though I normally take baths, the shower-only bathroom was so nice I truly found it no hardship. I worried that the super-healthy diet would taste like straw and leave me starving but in fact the meals were delicious and satisfying. The special class schedule for this week was packed with fun interesting classes that were not too demanding for me (age 64) and also lots of more challenging ones for my more fit younger sister. Some of the instructors were not so young they might as well have come from another planet, and their fitness was inspiring rather than discouraging. I particularly liked starting every day with the Brisk Morning Walk. When we were not participating in a scheduled activity, my sister and I spent many hours strolling, shopping, and snacking our way around the charming town, which was easy because you stepped right out the front door of the hotel onto the main street. I have researched alternatives, and have found nowhere else that offers such a perfect program at any price - and many of them cost double or more. I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Oaks at Ojai? Share your experiences!