“Clean hotel w/ hometown hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

25% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
GreenLeadersGold level
Salt Lake City, UT
“Clean hotel w/ hometown hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2006

I really debated over staying at this hotel or the Capri Hotel. I chose the Best Western Casa Ojai because I trust the Best Western name and the AAA approval that I read this hotel just received. This hotel was great. I was really impressed since it was a small motor inn and didn't expect any extras like a complimentary breakfast and free cookies & apples at check-in.

We checked in with no problem and helped ourselves to 3 bags of chewy cookies that were ready at the front desk. They were scrumptious!! We then found our room and were pleasantly surprised at the large size room, comfortable beds, and nice furniture.

We spent an hour in the hot tub since it was a beautiful night and nobody else was around. The pool was open until 11 pm so that was a treat. We saw the manager come out and dump chlorine in the pool around 10:30 pm so that was a good sign that they maintain the pool.

In the morning we enjoyed a complimentary breakfast in the pool area. The breakfast was decent and we could choose from cereal, bagels, pastries, yogurt, coffee, milk, and various juices.

If I were heading to Ojai again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Hemet, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

Everything about this property is awesome! From the first phone call to make the reservation to the wave good bye from the manager, this hotel has everything going for it! The room passed my "white sock" test; if I can wear my white socks and they remain white, it's a keeper. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room smelled clean and the furniture is beautiful and new. No complaints other than we wanted to stay another night. My wife and I had a nice getaway extended weekend and were very happy with our choice of the BW Casa Ojai. The room rate "made sense" and we felt like we received a true value. We will return! Thank you.

• Stayed January 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2005

I was disappointed when I checked in to this hotel. I found the room to be dingy, and not very clean. The mirrors weren't especially clean and there were some candle wrappers under the bed. When I pulled back the sheets, I found hairs in the bed. When I talked to the front desk, they offered to switch the room or change the sheets. Assuming that the level of cleanliness would probably be equally poor in another room, I simply requested that housekeeping change the sheets. Big mistake! I found more hairs in the sheets later that evening, and even more horrible - when I took the extra pillow down from the closet, there was a spot of blood on it (not a faint stain -- the pillowcase did not appear to have been washed since the last guest used it!!). Unless cleanliness is not a huge issue for you, I would suggest considering a different hotel.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
, Owner at Casa Ojai Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2005
Please let me apologize to this guest for the negative experience they had. I can assure you that this was an uncommon experience and I
wish you would have taken the offer given by our front desk agent to change rooms. Although new sheets and linen were provided, this room was not cleaned to their standards which means that we failed to clean it to our standards. Once
again, I apologize for this guest's inconvenience. I hope that when this guest visits Ojai again, they will give Casa Ojai a second opportunity. I know that this guest will appreciate the triple sheeting of our beds, the replacing of all of our bedspreads, carpets, and the new furnishings that we are currently installing this month. I am sure that this guest would not even recognize the room they stayed in as being the same. Although we pride ourselves on our cleanliness, this room was obviouly overlooked in our room inspection process. I wish they would have brought this issue to the management's attention when they checked out in the morning. It would have allowed us to follow up on the problem immediately vs. having to read about it days later.
Best Regards, Casa Ojai.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2005

When we visit Ojai we always stay at the Best Western Casa Ojai. The reasons..... always the best value, we are always treated as special guests, and management constantly updates the accommodations. The old adage of "cleanliness is next to godliness" is no exception here. The Casa Ojai makes our visits to Ojai a memorable occasion every time.

A tip so you won't be disappointed, make your reservations early!

• Stayed August 2005
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2005

I entitled this "Nice parking lot" because we spent more time there than we did in our room. We arrived in Ojai and went to the Day Spa for a massage which was very nice - The Day Spa of Ojai - remember that name
and arrived at this establishmnt a half-hour after our scheduled check-in time. The problem was that our room wasn't ready. The front desk person kept saying "20 minutes". He ended up saying that four times. So we spent 1:20 minutes getting to know the parking lot. Finally I went in and said there should be a discount on the room which he said $10.00 - I responded "Wrong! - $10.00 per half-hour which he immediately agreed to. That was one nice thing that happened. I realize this was a fluke situation and this is a nice establishment but when you make a reservation, mention this review.

• Stayed November 2004
, Manager at Casa Ojai Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2005
Unfortunately we were sold out for the Memorial weekend when this occured and were attempting to accomodate late check outs since we do not mandate a minimum day stay for holiday, special events, etc. We have many early check ins (one last week at 7 am.) which we also try to accomodate. Our guest services are excellant and if there is a way to accomodate, we always do. This guest is correct when he calls this incidence a "fluke." It is important to note that we do not charge an additional charge for early check ins nor a charge for late check outs... we always make the attempt to accomodate.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2004

I have visited Ojai on several occasions, business, shopping, and just getting away. On my latest trip to Ojai for Christmas shopping I discovered Best Western Casa Ojai on the outskirts of town. What a find. Not only does it have all the expected standards of the Best Western name, it has the very personal touch of a home town welcome. At check in I was greeted and checked in by Laura the general manager who by the way poses as the bell hop as well. She saw that I had an unusual amount of luggage and with out hesitation helped me to my room. My room was quiet, comfortable, and very clean. Before returning to shop the next day I stopped at the lobby, expecting to grab the usual danish in a wrapper to eat on the run, but was pleasantly surprised to find bakery cakes, cereal, yogurt, and fruit.
which I enjoyed while talking to the owners themselves. The entire stay from beginning to end made my visit to Ojai a fun experience that I will definately return to enjoy.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2004

We arrived on our motorcycles in the afternoon, the staff greeted us as if we were old friends-even upgraded our room. The accomodations were very roomy and clean. The pool area was nice, very refreshing after a day on the road. Continental breakfast was very fresh and plentiful. Location is perfect-away from the busy downtown yet close enough to walk to restaurants, shops, etc. We travel to this area often, as we are originally from Ojai, and will stay at the Best Western Casa Ojai every time.

• Stayed May 2004

Been to Casa Ojai Inn? Share your experiences!