“Wonderful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Ojai B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great, calm, relaxing property with absolutely excellent service. Don't expect high end, but it is very nice and charming. The owner was very accommodating to your needs and the staff very helpful. We plan on returning again.

Room Tip: We stayed near the back of the property, which I believe is quieter (in fact it was very quiet at ni...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a nicely appointed and laid out inn. The grounds are well-kept (the hot tub even worked perfectly), the room is large, everything works as expected. The continental breakfast is adequate but not quite as advertised (no granola, croissants, or warm muffins). The staff is pleasant and helpful with good dining suggestions. The artwork around is warm and interesting. It's a bit pricey, but this is Ojai. The in-room beverages and snacks are moderately priced for hotel amenities. The compressor in our refrigerator was noisy. Parking was convenient. We would certainly return if in the area again.

Room Tip: There is highway noise, but in the winter, we were well-insulated enough that it was noticeable, exc...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Logan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Blue Iguana is a beautiful spot with wonderful architecture and details, nice grounds. I enjoyed my stay there very much. That said, be sure you're okay with being 5 miles from Ojai. The first night, after a long drive and traffic on the freeway, I wanted to sit down, have a glass of wine, then walk around Ojai. That won't happen if you stay at Blue Iguana. By the final day, I was glad for the (relative) piece and quite of the grounds at the Blue Iguana, but even then I would have liked to get up early in the morning for an early walk without driving into town. And the travelers who describe the hotel as an oasis may be city dwellers. As a rural resident, I found the high traffic highway just outside the gates pretty noisy. I would have had trouble sleeping had I been in one of the front rooms. But notice my "excellent" rating. I got one of the more expensive rooms, but it was spacious and lovely. Since I wanted to sit outside as many hours as possible, coming from cold weather, the grounds were great.

One big suggestion, though: start breakfast at 7. When I'm traveling, I want to get up and out for adventures as early as I can so I had to skip breakfast two days since it didn't start until 8. Good breakfast the one day I could do it.

Room Tip: As I said above, the front rooms would have been way too loud for me, coming from a rural area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Iguanapwr1, Manager at Blue Iguana Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
As always, we appreciate guests who take the time to review our properties, although this review does have a geographical error we would like to correct.. The Blue Iguana is located just 2 miles, or 5 minutes, away from scenic downtown Ojai.
Solana Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Inn. Very glad that we had a room in the back,
since the Inn is right next to a busy street and the traffic noise was quite loud.
All but one member of the staff was friendly and helpful. I much prefer this Inn
to a standard hotel or motel, but I wish they could do something about the street
noise! A bicycle trail, which leads into town, is right across the street from the Inn,
which was convenient.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back, away from the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

As we opened the door to the room we were so surprised. In a minute we were settled in and enjoying the balcony with a glass of wine. Enjoyed every minute until check out, my husband had to drag me out.

• Stayed February 2013
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife arranged for a Valentine''s getaway to Ojai. She received a Bloomspot promotion to the Blue Iguana and as we are the adventurous type (No chains for us) she booked this hotel for our getaway. What a delightful experience. The hotel is well run, clean, comfortable and the owners and staff are available at any hour to care for your needs. Because of the time of year (February) we did not make use of the lovely pool outside our room. Our room was large and wonderfully furnished. The bed was very comfortable and the grounds were lovely. My only suggestion is to leave the breakfast room open during the day and evening for reading, gaming or just congregating. We will be returning and may even try their sister hotel The Green Iguana-an adults only facility.

Room Tip: We have only stayed once but other rooms in the complex all look equally delightful and we will retu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Iguanapwr1, Manager at Blue Iguana Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We would like to thank all of our recent guests who have taken the time to write such lovely reviews about our property. We are very happy you all have enjoyed yours stays, are thankful you took the time to share your experiences with future guests, and look forward to having you back again in the near future.
Thanks again!
Venice, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Blue Iguana is a wonderful, relaxing place to stay and each unit is unique and beautiful--no cookie cutter rooms here. The beds are extremely snuggly and comfortable and the rooms have heat and A/C. I encourage you to check it out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Blue Iguana Inn? Share your experiences!