“A nice dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
San Diego, CA
“A nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Had grilled shrimp, which came with a garden salad and fries. Restaurant full, and noisy, but had decent service as a solo diner.

Visited January 2013

69% Recommend
Oakland, Ca
“What a Disappointment!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Although I don't usually write negative reviews, we were so disappointed in our experience at Sea Fresh in Ojai that I felt I had to say something (which I did while we were there as well). We had seen this newly remodeled restaurant reopen last summer when we visited but couldn't get in, it was so popular. So we were excited to try it out this past New Year's week. The staff is very friendly, yet even though we were there early, they all seemed in a hurry to go home that night. The food was okay, our main complaint was each course was brought when we had barely begun the last! When it happened again between the salad and main course, I told the waitress that no, we were not ready to eat our entree when we had just been given our salads. She looked surprised at this, as if we were in a hurry to go somewhere. As a credit to her, she did take back the fish and had the chef remake our entrees. We had two different kinds of fish with different breaded/herbal seasonings and yet both were equally tasteless. The staff's timing and recipes obviously need some work. When I went to use the ladies' restroom, the toilet handle was broken so I lifted up the tank to flush it manually. When I spoke to the hostess about this, she laughed and said oh yeah, I've been meaning to get that fixed! I thought that was a tacky reaction. Overall, it was not a great experience and I would not return. Granted, after the holidays everyone's a bit burned out, but I felt this restaurant needs to rely on more than its pleasant outdoor area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ventura, CA
“OMG!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Nicole again provided great service; but, tonight she went above and beyond! She suggested the Parmesean Scallops.... I would NEVER associate Scallops with cheese... It is served with a jalipino cream sauce ( very mild) and while reserved, I did order it.... OMG!!! I think this is my favorite dish ever! It so reminds me of the fish n chips that we had on the Orkney Islands! Nice crunch and butter texture of the flesh. NO grit!!! It will melt in your mouth.
Oh please... If you are in Ojai... This is THE dish to try.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ojai
“Good, not great, for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Entres a bit pricey for small town food, but the quality is generally good, with very nicely remodeled ambiance...and where else can you watch a mexican guy make your sushi?!

Visited December 2012
Central California, United States
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Heard of this restaurant from other travelers passing through Ojai, who highly recommended it. We weren't disappointed, and neither was our little dog, who didn't have to stay in the car while we feasted on deliciously prepared trout and clam chowder! Both the food and service were excellent, and the heated patio is lovely, and very comfortable, for dining with your best 4-legged friend.

Visited December 2012