“Good, not great, for the price.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
ojai
“Good, not great, for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Entres a bit pricey for small town food, but the quality is generally good, with very nicely remodeled ambiance...and where else can you watch a mexican guy make your sushi?!

Visited December 2012

68% Recommend
Central California, United States
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Heard of this restaurant from other travelers passing through Ojai, who highly recommended it. We weren't disappointed, and neither was our little dog, who didn't have to stay in the car while we feasted on deliciously prepared trout and clam chowder! Both the food and service were excellent, and the heated patio is lovely, and very comfortable, for dining with your best 4-legged friend.

Visited December 2012
“Good food. Nice outdoor dining venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I have wanted to try this place for a while and finally had s chance to try it the other day.

The food was really good. Smoked fish bruschetta, octopus salad, sushi

Everything was really flovorful, fresh, and well presented.

The service was just ok, but it could have been an off day. We went at lunch time

I will definitely be back again. I noticed that they have a great happy hour food menu which unfortunately I missed by 20 minutes

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Worst Service Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I'm 42 years old and I've been to a lot of restaurants. This was by far the worst service that I have ever had in my entire life. Sometimes my wife will say to not leave a tip because of bad service, but I usually feel guilty and leave at least leave 5%. This was the first time that I felt justified in leaving nothing. The hostess/owner was rude from the start. Nobody brought us water or took our drink order for 15 minutes. We ordered appetizers and they never arrived. We ordered bread just to keep us going and it never arrived. When our food did finally come it was all wrong. Our bill was completely wrong. A bad experience all around.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ventura, CA
“Another visit.... Still pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Second visit within a few months.... Food good; but a bit disappointed with presentation. One of my shrimp a
had a major part of his coating gone.
BIG PLUS for the bartender, after hearing that she didn't have my favorite desert beverage... Was, for getting it in.... And for recognizing me when I came back several weeks later!
IF you want to establish yourself as a "regular" someplace... This should be it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere