“A true culinary jewel in little ol' Ojai!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Suzanne's Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Ojai
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bristol
SoCal
“A true culinary jewel in little ol' Ojai!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Suzanne's was recommended by some friends as "The Place to Eat in Ojai." This is a fabulous place with outstanding cuisine!!! It has beautiful ambiance with great service and deliciously different menu options!!! A definite spot for everyone!!! When my husband made the reservation, he mentioned we were celebrating our 33rd anniversary. What a magnificent suprise when our dessert plates arrive. (See photos) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Suzanne's!!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ojai, California, United States
“Great ambiance, well presented dishes.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Suzanne's prides itself on service and ambiance and well presented plates. They always have plenty of service personnel and the room is very comfortable. A bit overpriced, but they are the only game in town at their level.

Visited March 2012
California
“Not for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I guess is just not for us. We don't like to pick a 100 dollars bill and not fill satisfied with our meal. It was OK, don't get me wrong, but it was not exceptional and in the quality-value balance it was simply pricey. We prefer to go out more often and spend the same money on 3 or 4 less expensive places. My fish was cold, the flavor described was not there and we just didn't feel like going back. However, decided to go just for a latte desert for a birthday. Really disliked that the staf was staking chairs while we waited, when there were more than 5 couples at the restaurant. And again, flavors not as described, but at least we pay less than $30 to learn not to return.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Redondo Beach, CA
“Fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My GF and I stayed in Ojai for a girls weekend in November. Out of all the places we dined during our three day stay, Suzanne's was by far our favorite. Can't wait to return in march.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“One of the best pork dishes I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend (who became my fiance a few hours after our dinner at Suzanne's!) and I had dinner there over the weekend and I am still raving about this spot. I ordered the pork medallions and it was sincerely one of the best pork dishes I've had. The cocktails were also delicious.

We have some friends who live in Ojai and they said this was their favorite restaurant in the city. Now I can see why.

Regarding the atmosphere, it's not a "hip" spot, meaning it's a classic house-turned-restaurant with comfortable seating, really great service and a menu with a lot of variety.

We went to the Ranch House the next night and we thought it was "just ok" since our experience at Suzanne's had been so lovely.

I hope to return on our next trip to Ojai.

• Visited December 2012