“Not for us” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Suzanne's Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Ojai
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bristol
California
“Not for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I guess is just not for us. We don't like to pick a 100 dollars bill and not fill satisfied with our meal. It was OK, don't get me wrong, but it was not exceptional and in the quality-value balance it was simply pricey. We prefer to go out more often and spend the same money on 3 or 4 less expensive places. My fish was cold, the flavor described was not there and we just didn't feel like going back. However, decided to go just for a latte desert for a birthday. Really disliked that the staf was staking chairs while we waited, when there were more than 5 couples at the restaurant. And again, flavors not as described, but at least we pay less than $30 to learn not to return.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Redondo Beach, CA
“Fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My GF and I stayed in Ojai for a girls weekend in November. Out of all the places we dined during our three day stay, Suzanne's was by far our favorite. Can't wait to return in march.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“One of the best pork dishes I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend (who became my fiance a few hours after our dinner at Suzanne's!) and I had dinner there over the weekend and I am still raving about this spot. I ordered the pork medallions and it was sincerely one of the best pork dishes I've had. The cocktails were also delicious.

We have some friends who live in Ojai and they said this was their favorite restaurant in the city. Now I can see why.

Regarding the atmosphere, it's not a "hip" spot, meaning it's a classic house-turned-restaurant with comfortable seating, really great service and a menu with a lot of variety.

We went to the Ranch House the next night and we thought it was "just ok" since our experience at Suzanne's had been so lovely.

I hope to return on our next trip to Ojai.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“re: great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We really enjoyed Suzanne's. The patio was just beautiful and festive and the food was really good. Always fun!

Visited December 2012
“The target age of the menu and interior is for a 60 year old plus crowd. Average food. Service was great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

The strength is service and drink menu. Food was uninspiring. I felt like I was at my grandparents favorite dinner spot.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere