“A Great Way to Celebrate!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 23 Activities in Ojai
Type: Equestrian Trails, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: A western horse back trail experience in the beautiful Ojai Valley. Come explore the natural forest and meadows in a preserved state, as it was hundreds of years ago. An outing that everyone should see and that will never be forgotten.
Los Angeles, California, United States
“A Great Way to Celebrate!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I took my boyfriend for his first horseback ride for our 3rd anniversary. Melissa was very patient and encouraging since I told her it was his first riding experience. She set us up with a gorgeous sunset ride, with the setting sunlight streaming through the tree branches and tall grasses swaying in the breeze. She walked in front of us and there was another person on horseback behind us, for safety. Melissa chatted with us along the way, telling us about the area and pointing out various natural aspects. We saw a lot of rabbits and even a deer! I loved Will (Willing Spirit) and McGinnis was perfect for my BF (not only was McGinnis an easy ride, they are both redheads! And my boyfriend had just done an animation project on Terry McGinnis from Batman Beyond.) We had a beautiful hour-long ride, and I would definitely go back! The prices are reasonable, too.
One caution: if you want photos, bring your own camera and ask Melissa to take pictures. She had a camera but when I asked if she could send me photos after the ride, she said she doesn't email! Luckily my boyfriend's laptop has a built-in card reader and Melissa was nice enough to let us interrupt her dinner to download the photos.

Visited June 2013

Santa Monica
14 attraction reviews
“Very Memorable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I did a sunset ride with Melissa and I could not have been happier with the experience. Melissa is a real cow girl that loves her horses dearly! It's beautiful to watch her with her "boys." The trail is serene, relaxing and the horses are so calm. Melissa is a true professional with so much knowledge about the horses, the land, the fauna/flora and the town of Ojai. The three of us had such a great time talking, laughing and taking in the gorgeous scenery. The landscape is just stunning with the sun setting behind the mountains and turning the adjacent mountains a light pink hue. It was also my birthday and Melissa even called me earlier in the day to wish me a happy birthday! Who does that! Melissa also checked in with us during the ride to make sure we were comfortable and happy. Such a memorable way to spend my birthday. Thank you to Melissa for helping make my day even better.

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“So Magical!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My boyfriend suprised me by taking me horseback riding for my birthday! I had never been before and he had only been a few times. The own was so sweet and great at giving direction. She gave him the newbe horse and me the more experienced horse. It was great fun. I picked up on how to ride pretty quickly and my horse was friendly and easy going. She even gave me a little running jump at the end of the trail ! And my boyfriend found a new strength.

If you have allergies remember to take a Claritin!

Visited May 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Melissa is Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Fantastic, scenic, relaxing ride with a true cowgirl and horse lover! The horses are beautiful, the surroundings gorgeous and Melissa is a delight.

Visited September 2012
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Beautiful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Absolutely beautiful experience. Ojai is a very special place and the trials from the ranch are blissful. I was on my honeymoon, first ever time in California and first time ever on a horse, thank you McGuninnes and thank you Melissa, you are an Earth Angel

Visited July 2012