“Great Sushi without a crowd” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 87 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: Japanese
Ojai CA
“Great Sushi without a crowd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have made Hakane a regular stop now. They have an amazing selection of specialty rolls and the sushi portions are generous. We have always found the fish to be very fresh. And best of all it's quite spacious and never crowded like the place in Miramonte. When the weather is warm they have a nice outdoor patio as well. They also have a small but nice selection of Saki - not just the hot stuff that is strictly for non-foodies. Their prices are also very reasonably.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Monica, California
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were just in Ojai for one night. This sushi bar came recommended. It was right across the street from where we were staying. We would definitely go back.

Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“I eat here all the time when in Ojai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

So far, and I've dined here about 15 times, I've always been very satisfied. I do wish they had Milk on the menu for kids, but that's a minor inconvenience. Once I questioned whether their Yellowtail sushi was "Yellowtail", as it seemed more like another white fish. The chef answered Yes, but I was not convinced. But I love this place and their food and menu. I do wish the servers where more knowledgeable about the food their serving, however. Great menu with pictures of everything. I usually order way too much because I can't decide on just one or two options. So far so good with this reviewer.

Visited June 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“Worst sushi I have ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I went here while on vacation in Ojai, CA. We were soooo disappointed. The fish was not great, and the presentation was miserable. Regular round plates, with the rolls just plopped down, the rolls were not cut or formed well (the rice was falling apart) and the fish was mediocre at best. Wow. I would definitely eat elsewhere.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ojai, California
“BEST SUSHI IN THE VALLEY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have dined at Hakane since they opened. We take out of town guests there too. Never been disappointed. Food is consistent, fresh and tasty. Hard pressed to find any better sushi in Ojai!

Visited May 2012