“Peppery, saucy, moist and Better: Service, atmosphere and BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Santa Paula, CA
“Peppery, saucy, moist and Better: Service, atmosphere and BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

MeinersOaks,ElRoblar,signto the Right. Confusing entrance:kitchen door open,.I'd close it or use a screen door. Lured by the smoky fragrance: I thought"What's that, little BBQ chicken? Try you, and some Tri-Tip slices, along with the sausage? Twist my arm." Chicken: moist, saucy, addictive. One pound of grilled sausage, graciously cut up, was juicy, smoked and peppery. Had it again with eggs in a morning burrito.Price for sausage reasonable: around $10.95/pound. Grilled tri-tip,to die for. Bacon-wrapped ribeye, decadent as you could imagine-moist, tender, fatty, crazy-good. I had to cut the fat off to eat it-so flavorful. Usual sides available- I had cole slaw and beans. The last thing I thought I would love is those beans, of this entire tasting menu. They were wilderness, starlight, Creek Road, childhood memories of sage, and mustard, Mom, and ham bones. I put the bacon ends into the beans and heated them up the next day-amazing. Just get the beans and you'll be very happy. The bar was dark and quiet, with a few locals enjoying TV. They have a trivia night, and a lovely area for dining outside. Don't be afraid of the Bad Wolf! You could easily feed four to six folks under $50.00.

• Visited March 2012