“Beautiful and relaxing!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Beautiful and relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed at the property for a week and since I booked just 2 weeks before we left, we stayed in three different rooms/suites. Because of this, I can truly say the rooms are lovely and charming, the beds are comfortable and it is so quiet! We loved how each room had it's own private outside patio, and the continental breakfast area was consistently neat and tidy. The proximity to downtown was perfect! This was a wonderful place to stay and we would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: For sunny outside patio, try the Cricket Suite
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I had planned to go to Ojai with a friend and when she had a change of plans I decided to go anyway. I realized that traveling solo can be a very gratifying! Especially when you stay at a place like the Emeral Iguana Inn. Everything was absolutely perfect! The staff was friendly and extrememly helpful when it came to restaurant recommendations. The room was incredible, beautiful pieces from Bali, so quiet and serene. If you want to recharge your batteries and relax in style and beauty, this is it! You don't have to be a honeymooner!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

We had a fantastic stay here. The pool and spa were lovely, the grounds are beautiful, and the rooms are very charming. The service staff was SUPER helpful, giving great recommendations for things to do in the area and even making our dinner reservation for us. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

This was our second time staying for our anniversary. We stayed in Grasshopper for the big tub and it was wonderful. Very peaceful and quiet. The pool was wonderful and hanging on the porch was just as nice. A very relaxing and romantic getaway.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

If you are looking for a great quiet getaway, look no further. My wife and I stayed for two nights. We were told the place was booked, but you could have fooled us because it was so quiet and serene. We stayed in the Toad Room, which I understand is one of the smaller rooms, but it was well appointed and comfortable. Wine, cheese and fruit in the afternoon and a no frills continental breakfast in the morning were just right. Easy walk to and from town. Front desk staff was very helpful. NOT for kids of any age. This is a place where you go to getaway and not be bothered.

TACOMA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

The grounds are lovely, with beautiful smelling flowers and thick foilage. The pool is kinda small with not that much privacy, but it is lovely. Plenty of room for parking but you have to drag you bags a long way to your room. Each little bungalow is like having a separate house of your own. There was a free poolside breakfast available which was a nice gestrure. We stayed in the Toad room next to the office. It was clean and quiet, but I did not sleep well due to the cell tower antenna on the roof of the office. Microwave radiation was beaming down on me all night and I got ill from it, as I am sensitive to cell towers, I did inquire beforehand if there were any cell towers nearby that hotel and was told by the booking agency and by the management that there were none. I also looked at the cell tower maps for the town of Ojai and that hotel was shown to be clear of any. That is precicely why I booked this particular hotel, but imagine my surprise when I was forced to endure my stay there by getting hammered with radiation after trying so hard to avoid it. When I told the two women in the office that my room was contaminated, they were uninterested in my concerns and said that cell phone reception was a priority and that it is impossible to get away from the antennas anyway. If I would have known about the antenna, I would have moved the car down the block and slept in it. Other than that fiasco, I would have had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Iguanapwr1, General Manager at Emerald Iguana Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
We do not have a "cell tower" at the Emerald Iguana and to our knowledge there isn't one anywhere in the area. We do have wireless internet access at our property which does require an antenna to transmit the signal to the guest rooms, however, this is standard in any facility that offers wireless internet access.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Nestled among lush vegetation our cottage had a front porch, lovely & comfortable furniture, art & all amenities. Would love to go back.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures online to choise yr cottage
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Emerald Iguana Inn? Share your experiences!