“So comfy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lavender Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ojai
Lavender Inn
You added Lavender Inn to your Saves list
210 E. Matilija St., Ojai, CA 93023 (Formerly The Moon's Nest Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Port Hueneme, California
“So comfy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had so much fun at the Lavender Inn in Ojai, Ca. You are out of the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The area is just so serene. The Inn has the most beautiful back yard for meditating or just a nice wine that they have on premises. The rooms were very comfy and clean with there own bath. At night you can hear the frogs talking to each other. The staff was so attentive and knowledgeable of the area. The Inn is just a half a block from stores and beautiful scenery. It was truly a great experience. I cant wait till I can go again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I enjoyed everything about my stay. My room was beautiful, with its own patio overlooking the garden. The staff was friendly, and helpful and quick to answer any questions I had. As well as preparing amazing, healthy dishes. The location is perfectly located, near shops and restaurants. I'm already trying to plan, a return trip.

• Stayed January 2014
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Finding the lavender Inn was so simple. The location was only one block off the beaten path. The rooms were spacious and well decorated. My room had a private bath and a balcony. The bed and bedding were very comfortable. The staff made me feel like I was family. With all my weird food requirements I thought someone would roll their eyes, but everyone was very accomadating and the food was amazing. I even came home with a recipe for mushroom soup that I fell in love with. Walking around Ojai was lovely and coming home to the Lavender Inn was the best!

Room Tip: You may be asked if you require a television to fall asleep, whether you want an attached bath or pr...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My daughters and I stayed at the Lavender Inn for a getaway together for 2 nights. I walked in and they made me feel comfortable right away. I don't eat breakfasts but I couldn't resist. It was a huge breakfast, but every dish was delish! Weate on the veranda and the weather was perfect and the waterfall sound made us feel like we were in the middle of nowhere.

Room Tip: I always look for a place to stay where I can walk to everything and don't have to get in my car...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

What a beautiful atmosphere and a fantastic, healthy, organic and creative breakfast. The clientele were very interesting and worldly. Such a pleasure to stay and would most definitely come back again. The staff were amazing and so were the grounds. Everyone should experience the Lavendar Inn.

• Stayed January 2014
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I appreciate B&Bs. My husband made last minute arrangements for New Year's Eve to stay at the Lavender Inn. The location is amazing and relaxing. The food was absolutely superb.

I do have few comments/critiques - 1) the rooms are not individually heated, and I was extremely cold when trying to sleep 2) the walls are thin -- and I don't know if everyone was "ringing in the new year" in their own special way, but we ... uncomfortably ... heard some things we wished we had not.

I'm used to walls being thin at B&Bs, so it's more of an observation -- given the new year, maybe the lack of privacy was just more obvious.

I must say, though, we loved the place and would stay again. It's charming, and calming and beautiful. The host that checked us in and arranged the wine hour and breakfast was a nice woman - and really did make us feel like family.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We celebrated our 1st anniversary in Ojai and stayed at the Lavender Inn.I loved the beautiful flower arrangements and the cozy living room. It was a comfortable spot to enjoy the fireplace or play a game of chess. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast is superb. The food will far exceed your expectations! The Inn is centrally located to all the shops, restaurants and Farmer's market. It's the jewel of Ojai.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lavender Inn? Share your experiences!