“Finding the love in ojai” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lavender Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ojai
Lavender Inn
210 E. Matilija St., Ojai, CA 93023 (Formerly The Moon's Nest Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Ojai B&B and Inns
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
“Finding the love in ojai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I celebrated my birthday at the Lavender Inn in Ojai. We fell in love with the comfortable setting, close proximity to everything, great gourmet breakfast, and friendly/helpful staff. Each room is designed for comfort as well as beauty. We had a beautiful view from our balcony of the Topa Topa mountains. There are special touches everywhere in this beautiful home, from the beautiful flower arrangements in each room to the art work and furnishings.
It was a great setting to spend with my husband as well as coming back to spend time with "the girl". I will be coming back with my husband and dog and experiencing a stay in the "cottage" room, and a weekend with a group of my girlfriends to occupy the whole house for ourselves.
My husband and I HIGHLY recommend a stay at this exceptional Inn. I cannot say one thing negative about this B&B.

Room Tip: Topa room had a great view of the mountains and looking into the town. Most rooms had a comfy balco...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I came to the Lavender Inn for a personal retreat to relax and renew because of a very stressful life. I found that the innkeepers, food, beautiful environment and comfort provided it all for me. The gourmet breakfasts were superb and the Lavender Room was clean, comfortable and pretty and I made good use of the balcony that overlooked the beautiful gardens. Mrs. Hope and Tia, the occasional house cat and dog were added delights. I will definitely be back again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I spent several nights at the Lavender Inn in mid-October for a 60th birthday. Between the friendly staff, superb service, beautiful landscape and inviting decor, we couldn't have had a better time. We highly recommend this very special place!
Mark and Louise

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Lavender Inn this week in Ojai, Ca. and were treated w/ the most wonderful hospitality by everyone there. Our accommodations in the cottage were stupendous! Complete w/ lovely fireplace, the most comfortable bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The double doors opened to the most magical private garden w/ a beautiful shade tree turning it's bright yellow leaves as they fall and the comforting sound of the water fountain.

Throughout the main shared garden area there are many places to sit in solitude or in groups spread across the enclosed lawn and just off the large deck patio w/ setting for a large group. Precious (our dog) really loved the freedom of running the lawn & playing ball. Yes they are very pet friendly and have rooms for pet owner's and other rooms fro no pets.

We are so very grateful to Kathy, owner of the Inn, Julie Sardonia owner of Reins of H.O.P.E. who treated us to a fine dinning experience at Feast Bistro for a complimentary delicious dinner, for a Veterans Day / B-Day gift. We stayed for one night after a session w/ the horses and it felt like a week because the Lavender Inn takes after it's name sake and provides the most relaxing, rejuvenating and tranquil atmosphere imaginable. After their delicious breakfast we stayed around and enjoyed their beautifully manicured gardens w/ each sitting area having it's own distinct personality yet staying in them w/ the Lavender Inn as a whole.

Room Tip: The Cottage
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the cottage, but saw most of the rooms. Beautiful decor, cleanliness, the food, the peaceful grounds! My first time in a B&B....the staff welcome you like family..if you miss out on the Lavender Inn, you miss out on part of the experience of Ojai! I always expect top notch for my money, I found it here!

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Lavender Inn is a lovely place to stay. Friendly staff, very comfortable rooms and common areas full of treasures and thoughtful touches - fresh flowers and chocolates in each room for example and nooks and crannies to sit and ponder in. The breakfast was fabulous - really fresh and delicious, beautifully prepared and presented by Vanessa.
I shall return. Thank-you.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony - lovely to sit outside and read.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Ventura, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Lavender Inn is a feast for the body and the soul. Each room is unique with beautiful art and things to enjoy. There are so many wonderful places to hang out it's hard to decide. The large garden area has sitting nooks everywhere as well as the comfortable porches. Kathy, Beth and Vanessa are wonderful hostesses. Vanessa's cooking is fantastic! The central location in Ojai is perfect for getting around easily and enjoying all the great things Ojai has to offer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Lavender Inn? Share your experiences!