“Ojai Welcome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lavender Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ojai
Lavender Inn
210 E. Matilija St., Ojai, CA 93023 (Formerly The Moon's Nest Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Ojai B&B and Inns
San Diego, CA
“Ojai Welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My September birthday getaway with my husband was at the Lavender Inn in Ojai. We arrived late and found the key to our room as described. Our room, the Craftsman #2, was spotless and comfy. I loved that the bathroom had a large window that could be opened for air and a view of the huge garden below. With temps in the upper 90s, the air conditioning was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast included chicken sausage, gourmet spicing in the egg dishes and lovely fresh berries-yum! Thanks to Vanessa who really helped us have a wonderful day in the Ojai Hills--a lovely stay!

Room Tip: A room away from the street might have less noise from a nearby bar.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am not a B&B kinda guy. They are usually thin-walled,and designed as if all visitors were on their idea of a honeymoon.

However.
The Lavender Inn in Ojai, Ca was better than that.

It is an older house in the town of Ojai.
It is beautiful, with a killer garden with various spots to sit.
There is a small building next to the main house with spa services but I did not involve myself in that.
There restaurants around as well as nice artful stores, all easily in walking distance.
The room ( #6) was large with en suite bath and a wonderful small, 2nd story porch overlooking the garden. The bed was firm and the decor was, well, lavender.

They serve wine and cheese in the evening and as good a breakfast as I have had for sometime. This was not a French bread-in-many-forms breakfast. This was eggs over polenta with salsa,fresh fruit, bread and juice. I think there may have been more but this was all I could handle.
Then, upon leaving, I left a pair of shoes in the room.
The Inn called that day and boxed them up and sent them to me, for postage.
The shoes have arrived and I am grateful.
This is a good place with nice people.

Room Tip: I enjoyed room # 6
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Love this place! Wonderful homely feel, right in the centre of town. Local wines and cheeses in the evening come part of he deal, enjoy them in a beautiful garden setting with the cat and rabbit. Rooms are well appointed and staff friendly. The ideal for a weekend get away.

• Stayed September 2012
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lavender Inn in August for one night and enjoyed it very much. The staff members were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was wonderful. There was a really nice wine and cheese "happy hour" and the wine was decent (a nice surprise). Lavender Inn is "dog friendly" and we could have brought our dog. They are allowed in two of the rooms and we slept in one of them. It was comfortable and with its own little balcony. When we awoke the next morning there was a dog waiting outside our room to greet us. One of the staff had brought their pet to work......

Room Tip: Pick a room not facing on the front street - it was a tiny bit noisy for a while but did quiet down...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Just love this place. The moment I arrive I completely relax. The staff are friendly and the breakfast is amazing. The bed was very comfortable and the grounds are beautiful with a hammock in back to relax. I look forward to returning.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
El Cajon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Spent three days at the Lavender Inn in Ojai and came home feeling renewed, refreshed and relaxed. Beautifully decorated in warm and welcoming antiques and refurbished furniture, each room surprises you with exquisite little touches like Mission tiling around the hearth, painted chests of drawers, small and colorful artworks in corners or alcoves. The food was hearty and delicious. The breakfasts are hot, with fresh breads and eggy entrees like strata or scrambled eggs with potato pancakes. Every single person we met connected with the Inn took the time to stop and chat, and everyone bent over backward to make out stay perfect for us. We fell in love with Ojai, and can't wait to come back to the Lavender Inn to just sit in their garden and watch the hummingbirds hover over the gorgeous flowers! Within walking distance of everything, ample off street parking, and comfortable beds. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

As soon as I set foot upon the property, I knew this was the perfect place for me to Be. From the incredible hospitality, the exquisite food, the yummy and comfortable ambiance, the restful and inviting gardens to the lovely people I met while here...everything was "practically perfect in every way". The staff were so very helpful in suggesting little known swimming holes, hiking trails, and you truly felt looked after. The Inn was located next to the Rainbow Bridge Natural Food Store and Cafe, which made it incredibly easy to get good healthy snacks. Also, as it was near the center of town, I could easily explore and tramp about on foot...just meandering...and if I forgot something, then easy to come "home". Some of my favorite times were curling up on the chaise lounge on the big front porch with Hope snuggled next to me, as I watched the full moon rise. Thank you for having such a wondrous place available to us. It is indeed its own "Shangri La". I can't wait to return...

Room Tip: My room was the Tree Tops. Very lovely, but it comes with a shared bathroom. It was also located o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Lavender Inn? Share your experiences!