“Great Choice in Ojai” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lavender Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ojai
Lavender Inn
You added Lavender Inn to your Saves list
210 E. Matilija St., Ojai, CA 93023 (Formerly The Moon's Nest Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles
“Great Choice in Ojai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lavender Inn in August for one night and enjoyed it very much. The staff members were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was wonderful. There was a really nice wine and cheese "happy hour" and the wine was decent (a nice surprise). Lavender Inn is "dog friendly" and we could have brought our dog. They are allowed in two of the rooms and we slept in one of them. It was comfortable and with its own little balcony. When we awoke the next morning there was a dog waiting outside our room to greet us. One of the staff had brought their pet to work......

Room Tip: Pick a room not facing on the front street - it was a tiny bit noisy for a while but did quiet down...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Just love this place. The moment I arrive I completely relax. The staff are friendly and the breakfast is amazing. The bed was very comfortable and the grounds are beautiful with a hammock in back to relax. I look forward to returning.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
El Cajon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Spent three days at the Lavender Inn in Ojai and came home feeling renewed, refreshed and relaxed. Beautifully decorated in warm and welcoming antiques and refurbished furniture, each room surprises you with exquisite little touches like Mission tiling around the hearth, painted chests of drawers, small and colorful artworks in corners or alcoves. The food was hearty and delicious. The breakfasts are hot, with fresh breads and eggy entrees like strata or scrambled eggs with potato pancakes. Every single person we met connected with the Inn took the time to stop and chat, and everyone bent over backward to make out stay perfect for us. We fell in love with Ojai, and can't wait to come back to the Lavender Inn to just sit in their garden and watch the hummingbirds hover over the gorgeous flowers! Within walking distance of everything, ample off street parking, and comfortable beds. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

As soon as I set foot upon the property, I knew this was the perfect place for me to Be. From the incredible hospitality, the exquisite food, the yummy and comfortable ambiance, the restful and inviting gardens to the lovely people I met while here...everything was "practically perfect in every way". The staff were so very helpful in suggesting little known swimming holes, hiking trails, and you truly felt looked after. The Inn was located next to the Rainbow Bridge Natural Food Store and Cafe, which made it incredibly easy to get good healthy snacks. Also, as it was near the center of town, I could easily explore and tramp about on foot...just meandering...and if I forgot something, then easy to come "home". Some of my favorite times were curling up on the chaise lounge on the big front porch with Hope snuggled next to me, as I watched the full moon rise. Thank you for having such a wondrous place available to us. It is indeed its own "Shangri La". I can't wait to return...

Room Tip: My room was the Tree Tops. Very lovely, but it comes with a shared bathroom. It was also located o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

What a find! This is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast, nicely done. We stayed in the cottage, was perfect. Loved the kitchenette and the large living room. French doors from the living room and bedroom opened up into a private backyard. Enjoyed spending quiet time there in the morning drinking coffee and in the evening drinking a glass of wine.
Will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
lavenderinn, Owner at Lavender Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I am so happy you found us and that you want to return! The Provence Cottage really is peaceful with the French doors opening to the private backyard. So nice on summer nights! Ahhh!
Dove Canyon, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

For my 40th, I didn't want a huge party. With 3 boys at home all I wanted was to get away with my husband and enjoy some quiet time. The Lavender Inn did not disappoint. A beautiful property run by beautiful people. The attention to detail was fabulous! A complimentary wine a cheese hour was the perfect start to our evenings and the breakfasts were phenomenal! The location could not have been better as it is right next door to almost everything. Each morning we'd wake up early and cross the street to Libby park and take a beautiful stroll down the Ojai Valley trail - highly recommended. We also enjoyed a massage at the Spa at the Lavender Inn and can recommend that as well. After your massage, you can curl up with the local cute kitty on the big comfy lounge chair on their patio or take a snooze in the hammock in back - all while listening the gorgeous sound of the fountains near by. We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Happy Belated 40th, Melisa! It sounds like you were happy with the gift of a getaway from your husband! We so appreciate that you chose to stay with us to celebrate! ...And that our kitty, Hope, found another person to get lovin' from. Please come back for your 41st birthday, if not before!
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

First of all the maintenance and attention to detail of the Inn far surpasses many luxury establishments I have stayed in over the years. From the moment you are greeted until turn down you will enjoy the environment with many different venues to sit and meditate or plan your day's adventure. Delightful wines and cheeses are served at night and breakfast is a meal with fresh fruit, juice, great coffee and perhaps a frittata or omelet. There are many different rooms to choose from and I have stayed in several including the Provence Cottage with it's private back yard and fireplace a truly special space. Owner Kathy Hartley has a passion for turning old things into objects of exceptional beauty. ....Kathy and Mark Hartley purchased the property in September 2003 and launched an improvement and beautification project on the building that is still ongoing so I read in the local newspaper. Truly a unique space and the best of Ojai.

Room Tip: Have stayed in several even shared bath while in the "Tree House" room. All delightful ex...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hi Pattica1! I am so thrilled you had so many positive things to say about us. I think I could hire you for PR! Ha! Seriously, please do come back, and I promise your next visit will be as delightful as your previous visits!

Been to Lavender Inn? Share your experiences!