“Terrific tour of eating places in Ojai!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 Activities in Ojai
Type: Walking tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Our Eating Ojai tasting tour is the newest addition to our Ventura County food walking tours. On this tour guests get an up close and personal look into the culinary scene in Ojai, a quaint little town 17 miles inland from Ventura, CA. On this food tasting tour, guests will walk through downtown Ojai, stopping at six different shops and restaurants for tastings and conversations with many of the shop owners and chefs that make Ojai the great dining destination that it is. Beer, baked goods, Mexican food, coffee, and locally made artisanal foods are amongst the offerings.
Parker CO
13 attraction reviews
“Terrific tour of eating places in Ojai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We visited 7 different locales with Allison, who was a wonderful and interesting tour leader. In spite of really (unusually) hot weather and being the only participants, we had a great time. The people at the various locales took precious time away from their duties to explain their recipes and histories to us. We learned so much more about Ojai and the eating establishments there that it added greatly to our visit. We will definitely pass info about this tour on to friends!

Visited September 2012

Corrales, New Mexico
“A beautiful day in Ojai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

As part of an annual girlfriend reunion, my friends and I joined Margaret, our guide, in the discovery of some wonderful eating places in Ojai. What struck me the most, aside from some great food, coffee, and wine, was the passion exhibited by the owners and staff of all the places on the tour. One could literally taste the passion in their offerings. Do not miss this delightful experience!

Visited September 2012
Ventura, California
“Ojai Food Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I attended the Ojai Food Tour this past weekend, and had a wonderful time. I learned so much about the city (and I only live in Ventura).. and I was able to try many tasty menu selections at places I didn't even know existed!! The tamales were so fresh, the panini was perfect. The teas and dessert was such a treat. Margaret did this Ojai Food Tour and she was wonderful. I can't wait to try the Ventura Food Tour now!

Visited August 2012
“Very Enjoyable and Informative!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I had a great time on the tour in Ojai. We were stuffed by the end of the tour! Allison was a fabulous tour guide and I would highly recommend her tours to anyone.

Anaheim, California
“Eating Ojai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a great time on our walking tour! We ate/drank our way through some yummy spots. Definitely recommend the tea tasting and the tart at Knead Bakery!