“Great food no customer service” 1 of 5 stars

655 E. Ojai Avenue, Ojai, CA 93023
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 11 Shopping in Ojai
Ventura
“Great food no customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

My husband and I came in for dinner, we loved the atmosphere and our waitress was incredibly friendly and helpful, we ordered two glasses of wine that were terrible when we complained the owner said in so many words "too bad" charged us for it and didn't even bother to come up to the table and adress the problem. My advice to those planning on going...stick with water.

Los Angeles, California
“Just as good as they say”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

We went on a Saturday at around 6 and there was only one group out on the patio. We sat down on the cushions, and within minutes the waitress came out. She answered our questions about beer, and we ordered two, along with truffle fries. Our beers showed up quickly, with our fries fairly soon after that. Everything was perfect, and inexpensive. The waitress was super nice. After we paid, we purchased a bottle of local wine up front at the store. And of course it was great!

Los Angeles, California
“Fan-freakin-tastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

My husband and I went to the OBC for a quick look and ended up staying for 4 hours and spending over $80.00. The wine and beer tasting was great, but the food was fantastic!! One of the best vegetarian meals I've had in my 20 years of vegetarianism!! Really. The staff was helpful and sweet, and the mix of clientele was vast. What a great find and a bit off the beaten path to make it un-tourist trappy.

los angeles
“I can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

This place is very unassuming from the front, it just has a window and small door. But when you walk through that small door it's huge! I've never seen so much great beverages in one place. I don't even know if they sell anything that doesn't have alcohol. And to top it all of there is a cafe in the back with beer and wine.

We sat on the patio and had lunch and a couple of double daddy IPA's. I highly recommend the AJ's Buffalo Chicken (It's like a deconstructed buffalo wing dipped in blue cheese!) and the Quattro italian sandwich. We had a great time and ended up spending hours here and walked out with some awesome bottles of local wine and beer.