“A delightful little gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Oceanside
Los Angeles, California, United States
“A delightful little gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel is such an amazing find - I stayed here for my sister's wedding in May, and the entire bridal party and other guests found the hotel to be so charming, comfortable, convenient, and enjoyable. The staff were so attentive and friendly, and the free breakfast was impressively extensive (you can make your own blueberry pancakes!). I would absolutely recommend this place and would love to return.

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw were really excellent, although the multi-person suites were particularly spacio...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kirkland, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

For the cost this hotel is a very good choice. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, the bed is comfortable (and this is coming from someone with back problems), and it's a calm, quiet hotel.

We never got the chance to utilize the continental breakfast [I always took too long in the morning to get ready :) ], but it smelled delicious.

My only complaint it pretty minor; this hotel has a sign in the bathroom asking guests to think green, giving the option to leave towels hanging and they won't be replaced leaving you to reuse them to save water and conserve energy. When I left my towels hanging to try and "be green" they were still replaced.

But overall this was a great choice for us and I'm sure we'll be looking to stay here again if we're ever back in Oceanside.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I'm very unhappy. This hotel looks ok. My problem has to do with a large bag of items from my shopping trip disappearing from my room. Management has made many promised to investigate, but does not call me back. Three employees took my story, promised to investigate and call me back. None did, including the manager. Housekeeping claims the bag was considered garbage and thrown away. This bag was clearly not garbage. It was one large bag stuffed with several other bags. One of two things happened, it was thrown away or stolen. At any rate, the hotel has made no attempt to compensate my loss - not even an apology! I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This Comfort Inn has spacious rooms with 2 king size beds in the room. It had a few problems: a) in room refrigerator was noisy waking me up along the night, b) there was no regular coffee available, only decaf, c) breakfast room is VERY small and noisy. Only one person on duty and, both that I had contact with, not looking too happy to work for the hotel. I have already stayed in a number of Comfort Inns, this is a new facility but with a strange service...

Room Tip: Typical in and out hotel. Expect clean room and bathroom and nothing else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed here September, 2011, after my son graduated from USMC boot camp. We chose Oceanside because we had another son graduating from his Marine Combat Training at Camp Pendleton about 5 days after our other son's graduation, and we wanted to be near there. The hotel is older, though it has a pretty appearance from the outside. It is mostly clean. There were a lot of areas inside, however, that needed repair, like peeling wall paper, old carpet that was stained, etc. But you get a large room for the money, it's a pretty good price for the space you get. The sofabeds were terribly uncomfortable for my little ones, and we asked to check other available rooms for a more comfortable sofabed and the front desk staff allowed us to do this. The room we ultimately stayed in did have a more comfortable sofabed. I thought this was very kind of the desk staff and demonstrated they wanted their guests to be comfortable. The pool area and spa were clean. They are a bit Nazi about their towels for the pool. They have an excellent free breakfast room with cereal, eggs, a Belgian waffle maker, juice, milk etc. The lady who was working in there was so incredibly sweet and helpful. The room was less than $120 per night. Good value for needing a room to accommodate my family.

• Stayed September 2011
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel when visiting family in the Marine Corps based at Camp Pendleton. Enjoyed the location, in easy walking distance to the beach, restaurants and activities in beautiful Oceanside. The facility decor was beautiful, great large flat screen TV and the housekeeping immaculate. The parking lot felt safe. The front desk staff was efficient and warm. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room location and you will receive one!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed here in 2009 (3 or 4 days) and was checking out staying here again. I thought it was quite wonderful. Clean, spacious rooms, nice breakfast, lovely laundry room, easy drive into San Diego. It was close to the mission and shopping areas. Yes it was right off the freeway, but I didn't experience any noise problem and it certainly was easy to get right on the highway as I mostly spending the days in San Diego. Baffled by some of the negative reviews! Was reasonably priced but as good as many higher star hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Suites - Marina? Share your experiences!