“Simply Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Oceanside
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Simply Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The room was very very basic....functional but nothing special. Showers cracked, faucet broken, there was a bug in one of our beds! The front desk actually tried to tell us that due to our room having two double beds, it was an upgraded room and would have a sur charge. I have stayed at many Best Westerns and this one was not even close in quality to what I have come to expect from this chain. It was just ok, breakfast was nothing to mention either, I would not come back here intentionally. If you are going to have an older hotel without any true amenities I guess I would expect the service to be exceptional but it was not. Very dull and average.....not worth 89 bucks!

Room Tip: If you want inexpensive with no frills at all this is your place
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Yardley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very basic room. Reminded me of the old 70's roadside motels with separate entrances for each section. The inside was not much better. Electrical outlets were loose, and limited in number - not great for charging your phone or computer. Had to unplug lights to get a free plug. Room was quiet, thought, and the beds comfortable. Staff were fine. Probably would only stay here in a pinch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review about your stay at our hotel in August. I would like to apologize about the inconvenience of not having enough electric outlets to charge your computer and phone. But we are happy to know that despite this minor inconvenience you were still able to enjoy the calm atmosphere of our property and the comfortableness of your room's bed. Thank you for your kind comment about our staff and and we hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We traveled up I-15 from San Diego hit every off ramp and all hotels were booked. Took the 78 to Oceanside and saw the Best Western....thought, What the heck, let's try. Low and behold we got the last room. 1:30 in the morning I think I woke up the night desk clerk. He was friendly, helpful and we slept well.
My Thanks to him. Even if we did not have a room key.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review about your stay at our hotel. Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our Night Clerk who helped you and your family find a room so late at night. My colleague appreciates your kind compliment and he is grateful to know that you found his services helpful. And despite the inconvenience of not having a key, we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We paid $90 for a double room that was very spacious. Clean sheets, good sized bathroom, along with a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. We also had complimentary breakfast. The only hot items were do-it-yourself waffles, which worked out pretty well. The rest of the buffet was very suitable for our needs.

The only downside was the AC unit. As it is with these types of hotels, the AC unit is always a bit noisy. It wasn't so bad that we couldn't fall asleep, but bad enough that I had to get up and turn it of at 4am because I was tired of it humming in my ear.

All in all if you're passing through Oceanside and want a cheap and clean place to stay, I highly recommend this joint.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel and for commenting about your room, it's cleanliness, and the amenities. We are happy to hear that our continental breakfast suited your needs and that you and your family enjoyed the waffles.

We appreciate your honest feedback in regards to your room's AC unit and we also appreciate you recommending our hotel to anyone looking for accommodations in Oceanside. Thanks again and we hope to host you and your family again.

Montebello, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've been coming to this hotel for years but I've only met the current manager Sarath three years ago. Since then there Ive seen dramatic improvement in the property! The hotel is no longer worn down looking as when I first started coming here. It has become a great establishment that I am proud to call my home away from home. Lately they've done some really nice landscaping that improves the overall appearance of the hotel and makes it look really friendly.

I am a Best Western Diamond member and Sarath and staff at the front desk always give me a special VIP treatment: they never forget to offer me complimentary water and snacks and they always have my special room blocked out for me, clean and ready for me to relax after a long day at work.

I'm only writing this review now because I saw some other reviews about bed bugs and complaints about unfriendly staff which I think is a lot of bull. Like I said I've been coming to this hotel for over 5 years! Because of my work with SCIENCE DIET I stay here at least once a week and I've NEVER had a problem with bed bugs or cockroaches! Seriously the stuff people come up with just because they wanted a free night or something. It's ridiculous.

And for the people who bad-mouth Sarath the manager, how about I complain and yell at you for 13 hours straight every day just so you can get a small taste of what he has to go through?! He's one of the nicest guys I know and he always makes sure to have a quick, friendly chat with me when I check-in. I have a lot of respect and admiration for him because he's really hands on. Not the kind of guy who just sits in his office and orders people to do everything for him. So it just really get my blood boiling when I see someone yelling at him because they want a room facing the pool even though the hotel is sold out (Really dumb right? but that is some of the drama I've seen while waiting to check-in).

Sarath always tries to treat his guest like they are staying at a 5 star hotel but it's a bit hard to do when your hotel was built way back in the 70's (google it). But over the years I've seen a lot of upgrades which invalidate a lot of reviews older than 2012.

Anyways, this is a great hotel and I recommend it everyone: friends, families, and strangers! But don't take my word for it. Just stay there and you'll see what I mean.

Room Tip: If you have a request, just call, let them know what you need, and the staff at BW Oceanside will do...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
BWOceansideInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Hello Mr. Adan,

I would like to personally thank-you for your kind review. My colleagues and I are always happy to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. But hearing such kind words from a regular guest makes them all the more gratifying.

Thank you for noting the changes that have been to the property in the past few years and for recognizing all the hard work my co-workers and I go through to ensure that our guests are comfortable and happy.

We look forward to hosting you for many more years to come!

Sarath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The staff is very professional and always has a smile on their faces. If I need something, they attend to it right away. I will recommend this best western to all my family and friends.

-josue Alvarez

• Stayed September 2011
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Mr. Alvarez,

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review about our hotel. My colleagues and I are always happy to accommodate you and we are honored to know that you enjoy your regular visits so much that you will recommend our hotel to all of your relations.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you stop by Oceanside.

vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while coming to visit Legoland. We don't spend much time in hotels. We usually are out and about. So we just new a place to sleep and regroup. This place was good for the price. It also was in a great location. Grocery store near by as well as many resturaunts.

It was clean. Everything worked. It was quiet and felt safe. The employees were all polite and helpful with our questions or needs. Gave us local maps and were willing to answer questions. The free breakfast was good and did the trick.

I can't really say much else about it. Good hotel at a good value.

Try to figure out the air conditioner before you go to sleep. It was like learning a second language when you're tired.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience at our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the convenience of our hotel's location next to Legoland and the many excellent restaurants which are perfect for dining with the family. Many of our guests also agree that the grocery store next door is great for quickly purchasing items and goodies.

I would also like to thank you for your comment about our hotel's cleanliness and it's peaceful atmosphere. On behalf of my colleagues, thank you for acknowledging the helpfulness of the Front Desk staff. Our goal at the Best Western Oceanside Inn is to provide superior customer service to all of our guest.

And while I am sorry to hear that you found the A/C unit difficult to operate, I thank you for your constructive criticism as it will allow us to implement new procedures which will make it easier for guests to utilize the A/C unit in their room.

Once again, thank you for writing such a great review and We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!