“Do yourself a favor: Don't stay here.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Oceanside
La Canada Flintridge, California
“Do yourself a favor: Don't stay here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I don't really know where to begin, I have staying in over a hundred hotels around the world and this hotel will have a special place in my mind as one of the worst. The room itself was big enough and clean-ish but that's where it stops. Upon arrival I was unable to find a parking space in the hotel, when I finally made it to the lobby some bored clerk proceeded to check me in. He indicated that I would have to park on the street and I "probably won't be ticketed" because they had no more parking at the hotel lot ( in three nights I never did get to park in the hotel lot). He asked for my credit card that I booked with for incidentals. It is normal for hotels to swipe your card or use a imprint machine to hold your card. Not here, this guy proceeded to make a PHOTO COPY of my credit card front and back and file it with my room details (basically a credit card thief's dream). When I raised issue with this he kept repeating that he can cancel my reservation and I can find another hotel. When I reached the room (no elevator access) I found it to be just OK, the shower head leaked and the bed was hard. My keys also were randomly deactivated throughout my stay and I had to get them redone. Overall a terrible experience and certainly not worth how much I paid.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have elevator access.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RamadaOside, General Manager at Ramada Oceanside, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I apologize your stay was not acceptable. I have been in contact with this guest about the issues he states. Parking was an issue that evening, and we do our best to accommodate over flow parking. In regards to the credit card, third party reservations are required to provide a incidentals credit card. His card didn't have raised numbers so a photo copy was necessary. We handle thousands of credit cards each year and my staff has the upmost integrity with your personal and financial information. The clerk was allowing the guest to cancel at no charge if he would've preferred to stay somewhere else. We never hold anyone hostage in their reservation and we are always working to improve. This does not excuse any poor conditions, but please know we are always looking and responding to ways we can improve. Thank you, Andrew Stewart General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Monterey Park
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place is in a bad neighborhood and the quality of the room overall was not worth the price we paid. Do not come here if you have a family. Unless you want your kids to suffer with you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Breakfast was not very appealing. Most every place I have stayed in the past offer hot meals of eggs, sausage or bacon, potatoes etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Oceanside? Share your experiences!