“Wow. What a great deal.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Dolphin Hotel to your Saves list
Dolphin Hotel
133 S Coast Hwy, Oceanside, CA 92054   |
Portland
“Wow. What a great deal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

This is value hotel. It's in an old building with a dilapitated lobby, but you could tell my room was recently upgraded. I'm used to staying at $150+ hotels and this was not close to being one of them. Small room, but we did get a lot of value for the money. I was traveling with a budget minded friend, and we were able to get a pretty decent room for only $60 including tax. Much nicer accomodation than at a Motel 6.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

This is an old hotel located on a busy street. Room could have used an upgrade, but was ok for the price. Not sure what other posters meant regarding drugs or prostitutes as I stayed there for one week, and didn't see anything like that.

Stayed December 2008
tracy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

this hotel was the worst hotel I ever stayed at. I was scared! There was drug activity in the hallway and prostitutes renting rooms by tthe hour. DO NOT STAY HERE! I called the police and they were aware of the hotels status. The lady at the front desk called herself Lilly and we asked for our money back during the evening, she refused outright. NEVER STAY HERE BEWARE. we left and she still charged our credit card. W e are disputing the 30 minute stay of horror. We are contacting the BBB and consumer watch.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oceanside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

Great clean affordable place, warm friendly helpful staff, Oceanside has a lot of overated, overpiced vacation homes. If you want a clean nice place for a family getaway and you do not have money to waste, this place is for you. Great location, blocks from the beach, close to bus and train stations in the heart of Oceanside.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ramona, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

I live in Ramona, CA. When the Witch Creek wildfires hit my neighborhood, I had to leave in a hurry. I didn't have anywhere to go. I tried several hotels, but they were either full or too expensive for me to afford. After hours of looking, I found the Dolphin Hotel and was so grateful that they let me stay for only $55 that night. I had to wait awhile to check-in, because there were a lot of evacuees trying to check-in at the same time. But, I have to say that the staff was so warm and helpful to everyone. I saw them agree to let people with pets stay, even though there was a sign saying no pets. They were very kind and patient in trying to get everyone settled in. Thank you so much, Dolphin Hotel! You really helped me out in a stressful situation. God bless.

• Liked — The warm and friendly staff.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
La Quinta, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

The place was a total dump. You could tell it was a place where prostitutes hang out. Even though it was conveniently located close to downtown Oceanside and the pier, it was a total dump. There was no parking on the premises. NOT A FRIENDLY FAMILY place.

Stayed July 2007

Been to Dolphin Hotel? Share your experiences!