We booked this resort through Interval International Exchange. Although we live in San Diego, and Oceanside is close...it seemed like a nice getaway on the beach. We liked the resort, but we were disappointed with our room assignment. We were booked to one of the interior rooms, so there was no view to speak of. Most of the rooms had a wonderful beach view, but the interior rooms are inferior in that regard. We also had a noisy refrigerator to make matters worse. Our room was pretty quiet for the first few days, but when the resort became more occupied, our location was annoyingly noisy. People above us were tromping around, although we were on the third floor. The alcove outside our room was noisy with conversation.
The concierge gave us a discount voucher for restaurants in the area. When we walked to one that had a particularly good deal, we found it had been out of business for several months! The information package mentioned that a second parking spot was available on the street, but when we went to front desk to request it we were told it was impossible.
The beds were very comfortable and the room was nicely appointed with tropical furniture and decor. The location was good as it was walking distance to restaurants, a movie theater, and street fair. There was no swimming pool, but they had an adequate hot tub on the fourth floor. Bicycles were available for free rental, but they were often all checked out. We would stay there again if we could be guaranteed a room with a beach view. The interior rooms are a big disappointment by comparison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern California Beach Club combines casual and chic California style. Located next to the Oceanside Pier, guest can take pleasure in amazing sunsets seen from the resorts rooftop whirlpool. This beachside resort is one of the hot spots in Southern California. It's location near the Pacific Ocean gives each guest the relaxation they need in a vacation. Resort. Stay in a studio, one or two bedroom condos for a relaxing experience. Each of the rooms include mini kitchens, sofa sleeper, dishwasher, hair dryer, microwave, one bathrooms, and a private patio/balcony. This resort does not have air conditioning however rooms are equipped with ceiling fans in the bedroom and kitchen. Southern California Beach Club is also a non-smoking resort. Please note the minimum age to check in is 21, must have valid ID and credit card to check in. A nightly taxable USD 17.00 Resort fee will be collected upon check out. This fee includes parking, unlimited wi-fi internet, and the HBO channel. -Quiet Hours- from 10pm-9am. From May 4, 2015 to May 22, 2015, Southern California Beach Club is undergoing some minor renovations. We understand that renovations are sometimes an inconvenience. During this time you may notice some construction noise but there's still plenty of room for fun and relaxation both at the resort and nearby. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the resort directly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Southern California Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern California Beach Club Hotel Oceanside
- Southern Ca Beach Hotel
- Southern California Beach Hotel