“Hated every single minute.” 1 of 5 stars

Pacific Inn of Oceanside
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 North Coast Highway, Oceanside, CA 92054   |
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Oceanside
Ottawa, Canada
“Hated every single minute.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

It started off with them giving my room away to somebody else, therefore I had to pay
more to move to a room I didn't want. Upon entry of my room, I noticed a strong scent,
much like rotting flesh, upon further inspection of my room I located a dead mouse
underneath a shelf, literally rotting. I reported this to the employees and was told
"We'll clean it up, don't worry it happens all the time." My next issue came with the bed,
we all know what goes on in hotel/inn rooms, and when I saw that my sheets were
unchanged from the previous guest I was ready to explode, again they fixed the problem
stating" it happens all the time." The only thing that was somewhat okay was the restaurant where I ate my lunch with my sister, after a very long wait we were greeted with less than desireably size portions, however it wasn't that bad. Me and my wife attempted to visit the swimming pool only to find out that it had been closed due to a youngster releasing his fecal matter into the pool. We did have free parking, and the internet was slow at best, IF you could connect. After hours of arguing with a manager I was able to negotiate the total cost of my stay to 1/2 of what it originally was, however I wanted a full refund. I didn't even stay the night, I paid the half for the night left, and found a better hotel, my recommendation don't stay here unless you have VERY low standards. I will never be returning.

Room Tip: Don't even bother, find a different hotel/Inn
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Don't stay here it's horrible. the staff, housekeepers.
No visitors allowed at any time and you must stay inside your room at all times or else they come and yell at you or bother you by calling your room just to say.. you must be inside. Feels like JAIL or worst!!
Internet signal is poor, and there's no breakfast that's nonsense.
Rooms stink bathrooms are dirty not safe I should say too much bacteria.
housekeepers don't like cleaning your room they handle you what ever you need.. towels sheets, trash bags, soap ect ect what ever you need but you do it yourself they won't clean your room. I mean that's why you pay for the room as well right? poor quality!

All I can say is avoid staying there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Long Beach/Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stayed here three nights over Labor Day weekend to visit some friends at the USMC Base and hang out. First off my reservations weren't there and they had to re-run my credit card. Upon entering the room is was like and old unused dorm room. Very poor CF lighting, only some of it worked, a strong smell of cleaning supplies, two small plastic cups and an ice bucket (you had to pay for ice) only two small discs of soap, no other toiletries, no clock or radio, and stained linens and towels. No internet access at all not to mention high-speed. No description of the property, neighborhood, in fact no pens or paper at all. No bathroom counter to set anything down. Broken handles on furniture, trash left behind. The only thing that did seem to be there that was advertised and worked was the pool and hot tub for which I was escorted out of one night even though no closing times were posted. I think of Motel 6 and Best Western as a 'Ritz-Carlton' compared to this place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Mesa, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

This place is not worth the time or money! I was charged $417.00 for four nights 7/24/08 to 7/28/08. When my husband and I arrived with our "small children" we were given a room on the top floor. The room smelled like mildew was dark and unsafe for the baby. being that NONE of the rooms we were in had a chain lock and the children could walk right outside the door in the middle of the night. When we advised the gentlemen at the front desk that we would prefer a first floor due to safety, he charged us and additional $10.00 per night, so now our total came up to $457.00 per night and average of $114.25 per night for this place. We took it and moved to a room n the first floor.

We mainly chose this place because they were promoting, wireless Internet, they even have it posted on a sign outside, and my husband had to do some work while we were vacationing. Well the Internet did not work either. So we moved our troops and our bags once again to another room downstairs, third room now. The WIFI only worked here if we had our window open or laptop next to the window, on top of our daughter's luggage bag. We even saw another man who was on his laptop later that weekend stating that he could only get signal by the pool, and it was not even Pacific Inn's signal, it belonged to the Motel 6. The owners, (of this family owned establishment), said that something must be wrong with their signal. But, they still did not refund us any of our money for the major inconvenience.

The bathroom was small and the fan did not work, which made the small room extremely hot when all of us took our baths and showers.

After coming back from the beach one night, we see the owners, the entire family, yelling at a young couple hat was renting a room there, we are not sure what happened before we got there, maybe they were being a disturbance but they were telling them to get back in their rooms and stay in there. They then proceeded to walk around the property and ask other paying customers if they needed help with anything, because they were hanging out on their balconies, etc., basically telling you to get in your room and stay in there.

The breakfast is a joke, it is bottled orange and apple juice and convenient store donuts, but we packed some to go to Legoland and to the beach and at least had a snack for the kids.

The parking lot is very dim and we definitely did not feel safe leaving our car there overnight, but there was nothing we could about that.

The shampoo, conditioner, lotion had to be requested up front and the ice was sold at 25 cents for a half of an ice bucket full.

Th worst mistake I ever made was not listening to all the other reviews about this place. I figure for $114.25 per night I should at least get some good customer service, but every time we went up front for anything the people acted as if we were inconveniencing them, by interrupting their t.v. watching TV and online shopping. The owners all live there too, on the property behind the office.

We loved Oceanside though. The people are welcoming. The beach is family friendly and the ambiance is relaxing. We loved Johnny Mananas Mexican restaurant, great burritos and beer at a low price; it is on Mission Avenue right by the beach. 308 Mission Avenue. Legoland was amazing. They have buy one adult get one child free coupons at the Burger King at 1420 Mission Avenue and that saved us $100.00 with the two kids we used the coupons for. Oceanside was amazing and we can't wait to go back......to Oceanside.

The hotel was one minute drive to the each, but so are several others right next door.

But this MOTEL was a waste of a lot of money. I made the biggest mistake a traveler could ever make, and disregard someone else's review.

The next time we go to Oceanside, we will spend more and just rent a condo or cottage by the beach. After all, I was on vacation and felt like I was working the whole time there just to get a little comfort.

• Liked — checking out of it
  • Disliked — everything was horrible
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

Our stay at the Pacific Inn/Best Value Inn was what you would call a "Challenge". First of all we arrived on a weeknight for a 4 night stay and they did have a room for the first night but then the gal told us that we would have to check out the next morning and take our luggage out of the room with us and then check back in at the same time and reserve a room but yet keep our luggage in the car with us while we traveled around to the amusement parks and then come back that night and they would have another room for us!!! Well we did that and when we went back the manager was on duty and was surprised to hear that we were to have a room and said that they were booked and that the girl that said that did not have any right to guarentee us a room BUT after we through a fit and said we should get the room we were promised then they did have to honor it and give us a room. BUT the room they gave us was nothing but problems!! First of all the phone did not work, we could call out but no one could call in and that included a wake up call so we missed a show that we had tickets for the next morning!!! and even though we put a deposit down on the phone they kept turning it off on us and we had to go down and have them keep turning it back on. BUT our biggest complaint is that we stayed in that same room for another 3 nights and NOT ONCE did our sheets get changed!!! When we requested clean sheets the last night all they did was go to their closet and get a set of sheets and handed us through the door and said we had to change our own!!! Other small complaints was that the bathroom fan did not work, the bathroom door did not latch and a light did not work in the room, no complimentary shampoo, no in room coffee, and no complimentary breakfast. It is a JUST a average hotel with average accomodations and at least the manager did give us a small refund in the end but he made it more like he did not want to deal with our complaintsand wanted to hurry and check us out!!

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Pacific Inn of Oceanside? Share your experiences!