“Always Excellent!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Oceanside, California
“Always Excellent!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have never had a bad meal at any Mimi's-very consistent, good prices, good atmosphere, but: They did away with their turkey burger. In this day of "healthy eating", how could they do this? It was our favorite. . .so. . .last week, we went to Carl's Jr. for their very excellent turkey burgers and skipped Mimi's. They have a nice place, but we won't go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Oceanside, California
“Very Recent Changes for the Better . . .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

About 6 months ago I went to a Mimi's in Palm Springs and was amazed to note that all my old favorites were gone from the menu--including the Chinese Chicken Salad. A waiter said new management was taking the café back to the "French" menu. Others who came in were asking for the old menu as well. I stopped going to my local Mimi's in Oceanside, CA. I did settle for something "French" --I think it was Coq au Vin over mashed potatoes and peas, and it was good, but not really "French." A recent email from them (you can get on their mailings and coupons are always arriving) noted that they were now including the old favorites including the Chinese Chicken Salad. I decided to give the place another try and instead got the Cobb salad. It was o.k. but having not had it before, was surprised that it was chopped into tiny pieces. I liked it, but don't really like things chopped that small. Also, the salad mentioned it came with a roll. The previous wonderful basket of muffins and breads was not offered. It had to be asked for (I heard someone at the next table have to ask). I didn't get any butter and had to ask. The server was very attentive in other respects but the previous standards seem to have slipped a little. I will go back and see if another old favorite--the turkey dinner--lives up to my good memories, and hope they bring back the complimentary muffin basket. And, it used to be possible to get a 1/2 salad. Am not sure that is the case now. In fact, my whole salad this time seemed just a little larger than a previous 1/2 salad size and it cost more than $9.00.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Great Food, Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is one of those places that once you've eaten here once, you ask yourself, why don't I eat here more often? The food was amazing. I highly recommend the strawberry/walnut salad with a carrot muffin. The quality of the food here is exceptional. It smells fresh, looks fresh, and tastes amazing. The service was excellent as well. Our waitress was very attentive. I will definitely eat here again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Washington
“Pretty Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I hadn't been to Mimi's in about 10 years, and it was pretty much what I'd remembered. The service was great, the staff friendly and the food was good. It's in the category of Coco's or Applebees but better quality. I had dinner on this visit, but I remember the breakfast and lunch being pretty good too.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oceanside, California, Usa
“Always a good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Mimi's is always a great place for breakfast. Their variety and food quality is excellent. The wait staff are always friendly and extremely helpful. Their bakery items are fantastic.

Visited December 2013