“Love the tacos” 4 of 5 stars

(760) 967-6199
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rockin' Baja Oceanside Harbor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 317 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Find the lighthouse!
Sydney
“Love the tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Ahi Tacos were fabulous. Also ordered guacamole which was delicious. As usual we ordered too much. The clam chowder was nice. They serve a good mojito. Had to wait for a table even though there were tables & it was chilly out so asked for the heater. Service was fine.

Visited June 2013

Winnipeg
“Awful Fish and Chips”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My rating is "Average" but could have easily fallen into "Poor" except for the service levels.

We have walked by this place a hundred times in the past and thought we should try it one day. We wanted fish and chips and having tried the competition just down the walkway (excellent), we thought this would be a viable option. It's a bit of a bar scene with louder music that can make conversation difficult at times.

We went a lunchtime peak and got seated quite quickly. Very good attention by the food servers. Chips and salsa bar inside is complimentary. The salsa is very spicy.

My wife and I ordered fish and chips which I admit to be a fanatic about and having tried it in every country we ever visited at least once. Fish and chips should be a honest and simple meal. What was served was visually delicious. Thick cut fries with several fish fillets is a thin batter fried to perfection.

Then why slather it in the most awful spicy mixture of chili powder, jalapeno and paprika which totally destroys the delicate flavour of a superior white fish? A similar treatment was liberally applied to the chips. All you can taste is the overpowering treatment of the spice mixture. I wasn't a fan of the "coleslaw" which was peaches and a miniscule amount of cabage and other vegetables. It did not match the fish and chips and what delicate flavours it had were washed away by the fish and chip combination. Slightly more expensive than the competition down the way.

This is a restaurant that relies upon a never ending supply of visitors, tourists and bar folk.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great vibe, service was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I took my family. The hostess was very friendly. We were seats right away and the drinks were great. We ordered appetizers and no entress. Portions were very good. Waiters recommended desert. Don't miss the deep fried ice cream and churros.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Pathetic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Got there last night at 815, put on 10-15 minute wait... No problem. Went to bar for a drink while we waited. When we sat down, a bartender walked by and said Hi... But after we sat down, NOTHING. There were 4 people behind the bar, about 10-12 stools at the bar (with 2 patrons besides us), and the restaurant was about half full. I bartended for years, I'm not saying they had nothing to do but if 4 people can't handle that you're useless as a bag of rocks. I checked what time it was and 8 minutes after we sat I asked one of the guys behind the bar for a drink and he told me he was "just a server and hold on a second. " He went to tell apparently a useless bartender who nodded then didn't do anything. 3 minutes later, with still ZERO contact we left. I nicely let the hostess know we'd received no service at the bar and to remove our names from wait list and she shrugged... No sorry or anything.
Is this kind of pathetic establishment normal in San Diego now??
Pretty sad. I'll make sure to tell my friends to go elsewhere, these people don't deserve a penny.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“The best sat nav failure ever...!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We only came accross this place as, having left the highway for fuel I took a wrong turn (and naturally blame the sat nav rather than my driving!). I can't remember the name on the menu but it was basically a mixed bucket of food. Wow! Absolutely amazing - and when you add the salsa / chip bar it was one meal that served as breakfast, lunch and dinner! The freshest tastiest prawns (shrimps) I have ever had. Very highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013