“Nice rooms, good price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 28 hotels in Oceanside
Los Angeles, California
“Nice rooms, good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was pretty impressed with the cleanliness of the room, although there were ants in the bathroom & I had only been in the room about 45 minutes, so when I told the front desk, he assumed I was the cause of the ants. No one came up to take care of it, so I didn't want to leave anything on the sink. The ants were crawling onto the towels & the toilet, and shower.
The hotel is a short walk away from the beach & Oceanside pier. Continental breakfast was ok.
Sink, microwave & fridge in the room which was nice.
We did lose power for about 30 minutes the morning we were going to check out. I wish we had been offered some kind of discount on a future stay, but we weren't.
I would go back to this hotel, despite the inconveniences, because it was a good price & clean.
Our room was right next to the cleaning staff's supply room, and early in the morning I was woke up with noise coming from that room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the vending machines & elevator, because some people are rude & are...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. While I am glad that majority of your stay was pleasant, I will ensure my staff is aware of the things we can do to make a guest's stay as flawless as possible. I have ensured we dealt with the ant problem you have mentioned by setting up, and regularly spraying to control the any poplulation around and near the building. I aplogize you were not offered a discount on a future stay for the power going out for a short time. Our local power company was responsible for the issue, but we should have ensure you felt satisfied with the outcome. I will speak to my staff about these types of situations. Overall, we are glad you were able to enjoy your time here with us and we look forward to showing you in the future how much our service has improved.

Andrew Stewart

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fallbrook, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights and felt the accommodations were better than most beach hotels that get a lot of use. The room was large and well equipped with a full size refrigerator, stove top, large desk, modern TV etc. Cons: very small breakfast area, gentleman's club next door, and small parking lot. We found the hotel to be very clean and the staff to respond quickly to requests. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are glad you noticed how much we strive to maintain our hotel. We are constantly doing things like shampooing the carpets and touching up furniture as well as replacing items before they look tired and worn out. We are always looking for ways to stay ahead of the curb and we welcome any comments or suggestions you may have. Please feel free to stop by the front desk and let us know or contact me personally. I would very much appreciate it. I apologize our neighbor operates their business so close to us, but we do an excellent job of keeping them seperate. Over the years, we have not had an issue with their activities for they are highly watched by the city and police as well as having enough of their own security to control any situation. As of the date of this responce, we are working on a plan to open up the breakfast area to make it more funtional as well as add more seating. We know that these improvements will add to the overall feel of our hotel. Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again soon.

Andrew Stewart
El Segundo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at the Oceanside La Quinta Inn because of it's proximity to Camp Pendelton. My son was coming back from Afghanistan and we didn't want to take the chance of getting caught in traffic. This La Quinta is very clean, quiet and is convenient to restaurants and shops. The front desk staff are friendly and professional. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were here on a business trip and enjoyed a clean, comfortable room. Everything worked, including the WiFi. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful as was the housekeeping staff. The breakfast was pretty typical, however, sufficient except on Sunday morning when they had a full house and seemed to have run out of some of the items before all the guests had eaten. Perhaps better planning next time. We gave this suggestion to the front desk as they were not aware of the situation. Also, a tip jar for this hard-working staff would be a nice idea. Managed to take a little bit of time to walk on the beach after driving there. If you park in the municipally provided parking lot, be sure to pay for the parking and display the ticket. Do not keep your windows open at night as there is a "Men's Club" next door and at 2:00 clock in the morning they can be quite loud when leaving that establishment.

Room Tip: N o pool or work-out room at this facility.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

A wonderful clean well equipped room at a great price in a useful location. The staff were pleasant and helpful and the breakfast buffet was presented in a clean pleasant atmosphere.

Having said that, the WiFi was simply terrible. It was difficult obtaining a connection, and then it would drop it. This caused all kind of frustration because I was trying to book other hotels and kept losing the connection in the middle of the process. I actually made a reservation using the phone because it was impossible on the internet. One of the staff did tell me that it wasn't too good, so if they know about it why don't they fix it.

Another electronic item problem was the TV, wonderful wall-mounted flat panel. But connected through a box. Two remotes with no instructions. I phoned the front desk and received useless information. It was all trial and error making the system work.

Figure all they need is a good IT manager and this would be a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside? Share your experiences!