“I could french Kiss the person that reccomended trying this place!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Panca Peruvian Rotisserie

Ranked #25 of 303 Restaurants in Oceanside
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Peruvian
Riverside, California
“I could french Kiss the person that reccomended trying this place!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I tried this place out because i was in oceanisde and saw it on trip advisor. I had the aji de gallina. Its was so freakin' good!!!!!. its simple but full of flavor. I live in riverside but i plan for sure to stop by this place when i come to Oceanside agian. Overall, it is a small place but it nice inside. The prices are all under about 15 dollars from what i can remember. I had a mian dish and a type of cooke for about 16.00 bucks ( including the tip). If you are a FOODIE then you MUST come here

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Los Angeles
“great restaurant for the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is delicious Peruvian food, including the chicken. This place offers wonderful sandwiches as well. The service is excellent. The ambiance is comforting.

• Visited November 2013
Cali
“Great authentic Peruvian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I have frequently visited this establishment and it has only gotten better. The menu has improved and more choices have become available. We had family fly in from Australia and they loved the food. I only wish they had Pisco Sours!
Great place to visit

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carlsbad, California
“So glad we ate here! Delicious food (and easy to order gluten free) at great prices and attentive service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have driven by this restaurant for a year and a half and kept saying to myself that we need to check it out, I finally did and will be doing so regularly! The interior of the place is cozy, rustic, and homey and the staff really make you feel welcome. The menu has a wide variety of Peruvian appetizers, sandwiches, salads, entrees, and their signature rotisserie chicken meals.

I asked about gluten-free options prior to ordering and the waitress pointed out everything that would be safe for me on the menu - there was a ton to choose from. We started with the ceviche which was AMAZING. The aji limo (lime marinade), thinly sliced red onion, and white fish were perfect - the waitress brought me a spoon so I could eat the remainder of aji limo long after the fish was gone. It also comes with Peruvian corn prepared two ways (a crunchy very tasty and interesting variety and canchita serrana - a pillowy variety that is like hominy) as well as sweet potatoes. I could just eat that and be happy and it was a TON of fish.

My friend ordered the chicharron sandwich and she loved it, the slow-cooked pork was flaky and tasty and it came with sweet potato slices on the sandwich along with a very good sauce. I just had the Panca salad and couldn't have been happier. With asparagus, hearts of palm, carrots and tomatoes and a house-made balsamic vinaigrette (I also tried the lime vinaigrette which was very good - they make all their own dressings) it was a perfect pairing to the ceviche.

They also have wine and beer, Peruvian drinks (corn juice and organic coffee come to mind, although we didn't try) and interesting desserts, including creme brulee and a quinoa-mango mousse (I need to try that some day).

The place was full and the majority of the other guests were having the 1/4 rotisserie chicken with a salad and fries (sweet potato or regular) or rice. It's a huge plate of food and is only $5.50 Tuesday-Friday from 11-4! I can't wait to go back for the chicken!

Definitely hit up this spot, especially for lunch during the week.

Oceanside, California
“Something new and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We are always looking for good, local restaurants...get tired of the same old thing! Had some friends take us to Panca and were pleasantly surprised! Great flavors, fun and casual atmosphere, and terrific service. Loved the quinoa cakes and yummy sauces! We will definitely go back. Good value as well. Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Food