“Good Food, Mediocre Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 319 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Diner
Winnipeg
“Good Food, Mediocre Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Despite an abundance of staff, very little seems to get done. Service is slow. Kitchen is even slower.

The saving grace was probably the best fried potato side in North County. The potatoes are boiled, then put on a flat top with caramelized onions and peppers sitting beside a massive omelette. Perfectly seasoned and served hot. This meal is the only reason it gets four stars.

Parking at peak times is at a premium.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Nice little place for breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My son and I dined for breakfast. I had a Western omelet with home fires which was good. My son had a pancake shaped as mickey and some bacon. Staff was friendly. Place was packed on a Sunday. Would stop by again if in the area (visiting at camp Pendleton for the weekend).

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Nice little place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stopped at the Harbor House cafe for breakfast. The restaurant is cozy and reminds you of a diner you would find in a small town. The service was outstanding and the food quality and portions were very good. We will definitely be back.

Visited February 2014
Oceanside CA
“Waitress new or ill-trained”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had been to this restaurant a long time ago and decided to stop here again for lunch. Unfortunately it was not a good decision. When we entered the facility, we were quickly greeted and asked to take any seat. I did notice on the "specials" menu board at the entrance that they had a fish and shrimp special. We received the menus from our waitress Stephanie and began taking a look. When I asked Stephanie what kind of fish was used in the special, she did not know and had to ask the cook. I went ahead and ordered the special and my wife ordered Eggs Benedict. When asked what type of biscuit came with the Eggs Benedict we were told something like, I thinks it's a powder biscuit. (Not quite sure). So, that's what was ordered. We then waited over 20 minutes plus, after reminding Stephanie twice to check our orders, for our food. I received my fish and my wife received her Eggs Benedict sans biscuit. We were told her "toast" would be right up. It never came and when we asked again just before leaving Stephanie stated that the biscuit was not included. When asked why it was listed on the menu, she said she would get it for us. We told her to forget it as we were ready to leave. As it turned out the food was mediocre at best. Either Stephanie was very new or was ill-trained. Either way it did not work well for us and we will probably not be back to this restaurant in the future.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oceanside, California
“Friendly, quaint, upscale family restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Fast friendly service, great prices, great food. I asked to substitue the tomatoes in my omelet with ortega geen chilies. ? To my happy surprise, the green chilies were fresh and not from a can. How rare is that?

Visited April 2014