“Nice little apartment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oceanside Palms

Save Saved
You added Oceanside Palms to your Saves list
Oceanside Palms
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   909 North Coast Highway, I-5/San Diego Freeway at the Coast Hwy Exit, Oceanside, CA 92054 (Formerly Oceanside - Coast Hwy Motel)   |
Ranked #14 of 28 hotels in Oceanside
Katy, Texas
“Nice little apartment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I think this would be great for a small family and an economical vacation. 2 Q beds, kitchenette, full kitchen w/ dishes, nice bathroom (of course), laundry room on-site, modern, swimming pool on-site and all this at a reasonable price. Close to beach, slight ocean view (top floor). Many attractions with-in a reasonable drive; i.e. DT San Diego and it's goods (you can take the train and enjoy the scenic views), Carlsbad, LA.

Room Tip: Ask for the closest thing to an ocean view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nanaimo BC Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Have been spending many nights in US Motel 6 hotels travelling from Canada to Mexico with 2 dogs.
This was one of the newer renovated hotels.
Caution......choose the actual renovated rooms....well worth it.
We were a late check in and selection was limited.
Floor 2 with gorgeous king bed, new fixtures etc was a great surprise. Still only soap and flimsy towels, but flat screen TV! fridge, microwave and iron.
Bathtub small, but new unit.
Comfortable night.
Paid $80 with tax for two adults, but assumed it was higher than normal due to location.
All in all a good experience with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Floor 2. Ask for renovated room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
motel6oceanside1, Director of Sales at Oceanside Palms, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Mrs Bill,

Thank you for choosing the Motel 6 Oceanside while visiting our city.

My staff and I are delighted we met your expectations.

We are looking into the pillow and towel quality and researching new options with other vendors.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Pontiac, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

EASY to get to very close to the base or ocean . was very pleased with the price . Clean non-smoking ... no surprises thats always a big plus ..
Would stay again. stayed on the third floor .. THANKS....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling through Oceanside. Nice, clean, comfortable and great price. The staff went above and beyond to be helpful. I've dealt with many hotel chains. I can honestly say, this Motel 6 staff are the very best. A huge "Thank you to Mike"!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
motel6oceanside1, Director of Sales at Oceanside Palms, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Denise G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Motel 6 Oceanside.

My staff and I are delighted we met your expectations.

I am looking forward to your return in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is okay, looks just renovated. Unfortunately we got a room with the old division and colors. No kettle or coffeemachine in the room, therefore tea and coffee is available in The lobby 24hours. Hotel is at a walkable distance from the beach, approx 15min. Every Thursday there is a nice morning and evening market with food, drinks and live music, also at walking distance. Staff is okay. Would have expected à bit more of the hotel for the money paid.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
motel6oceanside1, Director of Sales at Oceanside Palms, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear L V

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our Motel 6 Oceanside.

Your comment about not receiving value is very important to me.

We offer 3 types of rooms. The Deluxe type offers the best value as it includes all the amenities you mentioned were not available in your room which is the basic economy type.

I apologize in advance if my staff did not explain those room type options to you

Please contact me directly if you plan to return so I can explain all your options.

Best Regards

South Pole
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here for two nights, and it's safe to say this is not a comfortable place to relax or lounge around. It's good for having a bed and bathroom to recoup in, and that's about it.

Our room was next to the stairwell, elevator, and the parking lot. So yeah, it was noisy most of the time. The bed was comfortable enough, and the room and bathroom were clean. But my pillow had old stains of blood or something worse... The TV was old-school and mounted awkwardly in the upper corner of the room, so if you were lying in bed trying to watch, it was angled funny and would bug you after a while.

The staff we interacted with were quite friendly, and gave us great tips on local eats. The location is just a few blocks away from Oceanside Pier, which was great. (It's practically next door to Camp Pendleton, so the area is filled with US Marines, but I don't see this as a problem).

Overall, it served its purpose as a place to get clean and rested from our ventures into Oceanside. Next time though, I would pay the additional $10 a night and stay at one of the nicer hotels down the street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
motel6oceanside1, Director of Sales at Oceanside Palms, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Jerry E.

I like to thank you for choosing the Motel 6 Oceanside while visiting our city.

Your feedback is mostly positive however your comment about the pillows is of great concern to us therefore we are addressing it immediately and I like to sincerely apologize as it is unacceptable.

Our records show you selected one of our standard rooms with the basic amenities and older style TV. My staff is instructed and will offer the option to upgrade to a deluxe room with a new flat 37 inch screen TV, upgraded furniture and amenities for just $10.00 more ($15 during high season). This would of saved you having to travel further to get the value you expected.

I am looking forward to welcoming back to our hotel in one of our deluxe rooms.

Karlsruhe, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at Motel 6 Oceanside, Coast Hwy.. It was a good experience and stay. It is a clean Motel and the staff is friendly. I had an upgraded room. Nice, bed for most might be hard. For me was heaven... Would and will stay here again when we visit.. For me does not feel like Motel 6.. Good Job!!

Room Tip: With this Motel being refreshed I think all the rooms are good. Upgrade was a nice change and worth...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Oceanside Palms? Share your experiences!