“It's a good sports bar near the ocean...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
San Marcos, California
“It's a good sports bar near the ocean...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We found out about this place via Restaurant.com when we were trying to use our mileage for coupons. They have good selection. Tried the garlic french fries, sliders and fish and chips. The have a lot of TVs showing NFL games. People are very friendly and this place is very easy to find. Our waitress was attentive. I guess I could have given a better review if our NFL team wasn't performing so badly that we couldn't really pay attention to anything else in the room! :-)

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Quinton, Virginia
“Wasn't Really Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great place to watch a game or two or three. Can't speak for the beer or drinks at this place since I had iced tea but the food was just ok. I got the tri-tip sandwich. THe slices of meat were a little on the dry side but tasted great. The sourdough bread was good, however, I wish I had them grill it instead of toast it (as it normally comes). This made the whole sandwich even drier. The cole slaw was very good. The shredded cabbage and carrots tasted like they were freshly shedded and dressed. The slaw dressing was not overly seasoned...very smooth, almost light tasting. I also ordered the fried Zucchini...again, it was just ok. I prefer a breaded coating instead of the batter...batter tends to be too greasy. Good atmosphere on a Saturday evening with college football.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oceanside, California
“Kareoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

It was a Saturday night and after a few beers in different dive bars in Oceanside, I decided I really wanted to sing! Word of mouth told my friends and I that this place had Kareoke so we thought we'd try it out. The place was packed! The atmoshpere was very cheery and the place is kid friendly as well. It was like being at a private party! I didn't have to wait very long to sing my version of "Puff the Magic Dragon" and although I may have frightened some the kids, it was a lot of fun! Food wise, we ordered two appetizers, hot wings and sweet potatoe fries, both were very good! Had a great time here and the service was very good as well!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nowheresville, MI
“Good for a beer but that's it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Places like this give dive bars hope for the future. Terrible food - avoid the chips & salsa, onion rings, and burgers. The fish BLT was passable as food. The IPA beer on draft was great. Of course, how hard is it to mess up a keg of beer? The servers were very nice and I wish I could rate them separately. Keep on walking; there are much better places in Oceanside.

• Visited February 2012