“Good food at a good price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Oceanside, California
“Good food at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a friendly, cozy place along Coast Hwy that serves good wholesome food at a reasonable price. Definitely NOT your greasy spoon restaurant. The waitress was very friendly, courteous and attentive. We have visited Jennie's before and will be back.

Visited February 2014

Oceanside, California
“Oceanside's Gem. Great diner, delicious food, a no-brainer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

A family owned and oriented restaurant, you can't go wrong here.

The service is impeccable. Down-to-earth good people, not the "kiss-your-butt" service. The recommendations are honest and on-point, accommodations are made with ease which is important to me, a clean-eater that often substitutes for healthier options.

My favorite go-to on my cheat day is the Dutch Harbor with grilled onions and peppers added.

The Clean-Eater, as I've dubbed it, is the Veggie Omelet with egg-beaters to cut cholesterol and add grilled chicken. I often bring in my own protein powder and ask for a Protein Shake. Without hesitation the chef blends up a nice personal Strawberry Banana Chocolate Protein shake..

The ambiance is great. I'm a fan of an environment I feel at home and comfortable relaxing in; this is the place!
The bar-top reminds me of old-school diner's back home in the mid-west. The comfortable booths and a cup of coffee is a great way to appreciate a new day. Jennie's supports other local small business by hanging beautiful art (Stained Glass work by Don Myers). The work is so beautiful I actually bought a piece from Don myself as a friend's Christmas gift.

I am happy and proud to bring work associates into Jennie's. They are always wonderfully impressed and surprised at the experience. Being constant travelers it's easy to fall into a routine; Jennie's brings a unique work brunch to the table each time.

Until next time -
Jorie

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Great Place for Breakfast & Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had breakfast at Jennie's twice during our stay in Oceanside. Large portions, made how you like it and friendly staff. During our 2nd visit we brought another couple who enjoyed it also. First time I had an omelette with cheddar cheese, ham and tomatoes which came with home fries and whole wheat toast. Second trip I had one of their specials which included eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries and two large pancakes. Absolutely no complaints.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, California
“Great breakfast/lunch spot.There is a cute patio dining available. They will be moving across the street Jan 2014.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Good food, friendly, good prices, nice for families, loners, or couples. There was nothing I disliked.

Visited December 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great find for basic, delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I just happened to stop in for lunch. Service was sooo friendly, food was fresh and well prepared, onion rings were excellent. This is called a diner, and it is a diner. A very good diner. I plan to spend more time in Oceanside and plan to eat here often. I'm tempted to give 5 stars - just never know if I should save 5 stars for something more gourmet. But a great place to eat no matter what.

• Visited November 2013