“It's A Secret! Don't Tell Anyone!!” 5 of 5 stars

LEGOLAND Adventure
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
morro bay, ca
“It's A Secret! Don't Tell Anyone!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

LOVE it when I find that little get away that is a sleeper. THIS is a sleeper.
The second of my 2 night visit with my daughter, a Marine at Camp Pendleton. I needed something nice (NOT a dump), near the base (not ON the base), near the train station (something nice?), something with perks (Marriott, of course).
This place is secluded, NO traffic. Beautiful decor. Clean.
Friendly Friendly staff that asked me, "What brings you here?" THEN listened to my answer.
Excellent choices for dinner IN or near the hotel.
The lobby is SO cozy and inviting for many things! Work stations, places to gather, TV area.
The outdoor living area is a work of art. TWO big fire pits with comfortable conversation areas with cushy chairs. (I sat in several of them) The lighting is just right to spend time with friends, have a drink. The pool area is attractive and inviting. EVEN with a sling chair so disabled people can swim with their families.
Tons of free parking.
Our room was large. Beds were Marriott comfortable, clean, perfect and beautifully decorated.. The bathroom was FABULOUS!! If you read my last review you can see my feelings about towels. This hotel is standard about the towel distribution. (The Marriott San Diego Gaslamp District on Broadway gave us 10 towels...lol)
My daughter has 2 left of her 5 years in the Marine Corps.
THIS Marriott will be my choice of places to stay when I come to Oceanside for a visit every time....as long as it doesn't get too busy after all the good reviews.

Room Tip: high corner room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here one weekend in November while going to a service dog graduation at Canine Companions for Independence.
The rooms are not large but are are well designed and we didn't at all feel cramped. When I looked at the hotel's photos I was a bit concerned because they appeared to be pretty small. Don't worry about it. We booked a King room and two adults have plenty of room for clothes, luggage, and lounging. I didn't take any photos because, actually the hotel's pictures are accurate. The room has all the usual amenities; coffee maker, TV, refrigerator. There are plenty of outlets for charging electronics and the room is very well lighted by various lamps. My middle aged eyes had no trouble reading in the evening. The door automatic closer on the bathroom is not nearly fast enough to be dangerous but it's annoying. It closes like there's a slight tilt to the room. I like the large shower with a head height ledge for toiletries and a narrow ledge/seat that is ideal for shaving your legs.
Our 3rd floor room faced a fairly busy road and a scenic hilly area. We had some traffic noise but it didn't affect our ability to fall asleep. The other side of the building overlooks a parking lot.
The public space on the main floor has several small gathering spaces suitable for 3-5 people to sit together comfortably and not feel like they're marooned in the middle of a giant lobby.
We ate breakfast twice at the Bistro and thought the food was pretty good, fast casual type fare. The Bistro staff were especially friendly and service was excellent. The front desk staff members were friendly and helpful-- and trained to make all those Starbucks concoctions with nonsensical names, when the Bistro was otherwise closed.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I made a bid on Priceline and ended up getting this place. It is not near the coast and all of the hotels and motels on Pacific Highway, but this is a genuine gold nugget find. Located about 6 miles inland, the hotel is nestled among numerous business strip malls. Traffic noise is non-existent and there are no hoards of tourists. It is a pleasant oasis in a desert of office buildings. Upon entry, the lobby area is huge, complete with a Starbucks coffee area, a food area, and a computer area. The furnishings and ambiance are sleek and modern. The pool area is very welcoming with a large fire pit and conversation area. There are overhead shade sails to provide shade and the whole pool area is clean and neat. Our room was large and clean with two queen size beds, a desk and computer roll out table and reading chair. The bathroom is also modern and clean with a large walk in shower complete with tempered frame-less glass enclosure. Sparkling white subway tile wraps around the walls in the shower. A small coffee bar with a single serve coffee maker hides a small refrigerator underneath.
Using Priceline was a great way to experience this hotel that we might not otherwise have considered. Would we return? Absolutely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
charlotte nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This property will not disappoint. It has a nice quiet location very new and modern.The courtyard was designed for stress relief of every nature. Firepits,hot tub,heated swimming pool even with handicap acess what a nice feature.The rooms are very trendy and well appointed. Large walk in shower with small seat.Staff is very helpful as well around the clock.

Room Tip: I think a top floor room is always better but elevator is a little slow.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bonsall, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I first set foot in a Courtyard by Marriott hotel over twenty years ago, and the brand has yet to let me down. The hotels and rooms always seem to look exactly as they should.
This Courtyard (San Diego Oceanside) is no exception. It’s my kind of hotel, with up-to-the-minute amenities, easy location, sensible parking and gate system, and a Starbucks right in the lobby.

My husband and I stayed here over a Friday and Saturday night. Though this was not a business trip, this hotel is perfect for the business traveler. Desk space! Outlets everywhere! Wireless AND non-wireless internet capabilities!

The room also had a comfortable king bed, great bathroom with a glass shower door (I hate shower curtains), big closet with lots of shelves at different levels, a coffee table, a desk with a huge pull-out table for more desk space, a refrigerator, a coffee maker, and a big flat-screen TV on a swivel.

In the lobby is a digital touch screen (wall-sized) that gives you quick info on nearby restaurants and other necessities, and computers where you can check in to your flight and print out a boarding pass. There is free wifi throughout all of the public areas. The exercise room is okay, nothing special, but it was clean.

The outside pool area is inviting and usable, with a fire pit and hot tub. Having a glass of wine by the fire would have been nicer if the three women in the hot had not been gabbing so obtrusively loudly. It’s dark outside. You can see people are relaxing by the fire. Be quiet!

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
new england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The location was convenient to Legoland and San Diego. Staff was friendly. That said, our room was extremely noisy, there is a lot of traffic on the outside road and I could hear it all night. We were only staying for two nights so I didn't move hotels but I would not stay here again on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this new Marriott for 4 nights over Labor Day weekend. I was very impressed with the decor- it felt like a more expensive hotel. It's convenient for a Legoland trip, and we enjoyed time at the Oceanside beaches. The lounge/restaurant was nice, and although we usually try to stay somewhere with a continental breakfast buffet, for a few $ more, we got breakfast for the family included in our room price (great deal!). The bed was so comfortable, I had a wonderful rest every night, which almost never happens.
We will definitely stay here again if visiting in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard San Diego Oceanside? Share your experiences!