“Nice, new hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Culver City, California
“Nice, new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel is only 3 months old and I have to say from the moment we checked in they couldn't have been more friendly. The hotel is really nice, clean, conveniently located to everything in Oceanside and they have a great restaurant! OK, so they stopped the free continental breakfast, but the food is priced moderately and it tastes good. Overall, a good place to stay in Oceanside!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Under the same management as the sister property next door (Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside). Both are fantastic values where you are treated like an old friend by the staff and where class and elegance meet modern functionality

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I travel and have stayed in several of the hotel brands that Marriott has to offer. I would have to say, that when I walked through the doors I was not expecting what I saw. The lobby is awesome, modern and cozy. The staff is wonderful. The bathrooms are spacious for those who get clostrophobic. Lastly, the fire pits outside are a great idea! I only wish we had stayed when it didn't rain so that we could have enjoyed them.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This is what I don't get at other hotels that I think are important for a nice stay when I business travel: an ergonomically correct desk chair, data ports, outlets that are available and not located under the dusty desk or the 1950s lamp, a spacious well-lit shower, room for my toiletries on the bathroom counter, comfortable bed and pillows, full-length mirrors, friendly staff. I got them all in this hotel! Everything was nice and new... and CLEAN! I was extrememy impressed and will mark this one as my #1 Marriott hotel when traveling in this area again. My only regret is that I was not able to check in a little earlier and enjoy the room and the lobby a bit more! Thank you for a great stay - I will be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We enjoyed our stay

This Marriott recently opened, so for our stay on 1/28/12 we got to enjoy that new property experience

The building is clean, new and modern. The property well maintained The staff very friendly. The lobby is inviting and comfortable for sitting and relaxing with free coffee and internet stations as well as the ability to print boarding passes as well as other amenities the hotel web site will describe.

There is also a "Bistro" cafe in the lobby that you can purchase limited breakfast, lunch & dinner items as well as Starbucks coffee.

The room we stayed in (241) was smaller but very comfortable and modern with a comfortable bed, computer desk with free Wi-Fi at the time of our stay as well as in room coffee.

The bathroom was fairly roomy with a nice glass enclosed shower. The only improvement I could suggest is for a better design of the glass shower door that prevents the water from dripping on the bathroom floor when opening it.

We would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
NorCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Beautiful remodel. Friendly check in and all the typical services at a courtyard. You can hear trains and road noise. new beds and a guide for programming on screen. I would definately stay again.

Bi-Coastal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

This Courtyard is not your average Courtyard. Everyone we encountered was very friendly. The decor is very confortable and trendy, the rooms are large and the food at the Bistro is excellent. I booked our stay at this Courtyard for the convenience of location Christmas night, we will definately be back!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard San Diego Oceanside? Share your experiences!