“Great Place to Chill, fab location and” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Perth, Australia
“Great Place to Chill, fab location and”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was my first visit to Oceanside and my first stay at The Holiday Inn. I know people who have stayed here before who have recommended it to me so I thought I would give it a go and I'm so glad I did! The hotel is very well maintained, the rooms are a good size and tastefuly decorated, the beds are SUPER DUPER comfy and the staff are very helpful and obliging. Did I mention that the beach is pretty much a stones throw away! The lady at the front desk (I think her name was Joanne) was assisting me with my check in and provided me with alot of helpful information. She even gave be a beach bag with towels and water bottles and clear instructions on how to access the beach which is about a 5 minute walk away. She has a pretty good idea of where to go and what to do seeing as I think she is originally from Australia of all places! During my stay I had breakfast there, snacks and drinks at the bar and each time the service I received was second to none and the food was of a good standard. There's free wifi, tea & coffee in the lobby and a gym with just enough equiptment. I know for sure that next time I am around I'm definately staying here again! Don't overlook this place, its a little hidden treasure filled with friendly helpful staff!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
OCNPC, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you! We will let Joanne know! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant and service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My family and I were driving through the area at about midnight and did not have a place to stay. I called the hotel and the desk person was extremely helpful and stated that she had rooms that would accommodate four people. We told here we would be there shortly. When we arrived, the desk person ( I wish I could remember her name but she was working overnight on Friday 10/25) was so helpful and friendly. We had a bottle of wine, which she kindly opened for us and also provided us with glasses. I can not state enough was a pleasure she was. The room was very clean and comfortable. The beds were awesome and the room was also very quiet. I can not wait to stay at this fine facility the next time we pass by

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
OCNPC, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your kind words and we will pass on your compliments to Laura. We're happy to hear you had a terrific stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Bremerton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Very nice hotel just off the freeway and near the marina, but bring sandals or flip-flops if you want to dip your feet in the ocean as it is a bit of a walk over a dusty trail and under the train tracks. The desk people were quite nice, and gave us a couple bottles of water free. The DVD player in the room had a USB plug in it, but neither we nor the front desk person could figure out any way to play videos off our Kindles or iPhones (via VUDU). Free wireless, comfy bed, lots of free parking. What more could you ask for? Okay, surfboards and wet suits to rent, but that is really too much to ask. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I planned our first trip to Oceanside not really knowing the area but thought this hotel looked to be in a good location next to the harbour. We were very, very pleased with our choice! The customer service was top notch and the lobby was decorated very chic and had a very pleasant smell being piped in. I was shocked at how nice our room was for the price. We got a king suite that was set up for handicapped people so very spacious. The bed was very comfortable with lots of fresh, new comfy pillows. We spent a lot of time at the harbour and there was a shortcut in the back of the hotel to get there, that was an easy 5 minute walk. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to recommend us. We're happy to hear you had a great stay and we hope you can come see us again soon.
dfw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Get past the look of the outside and the trailer park across the street and you will find a gem! The staff is very friendly and helpful. I was given a handicap accessible room with a king size bed and it was very roomy with an upscale look. The view from my 4th floor window was of the rooftop of another part of the building and the hotel next door but the room made up for that. The lobby offers a bar and restaurant opened till 10pm. Drinks were ok and the chowder was quite good. The harbor with a selection of restaurants is right around the corner. Check out the Lighthouse Oyster bar-yummy! The entry ramp to the freeway is around the corner also making it a convenient location.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
La Selva Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I hadn't stayed at this property for about 2 years. My last stay was fine, so I booked again. After a pleasant but routine check-in, the first change I noticed was in the elevator - they had a photo of a dinner item that caught my eye. When I was walking down the hall to my upgraded (thank you!) room, I noticed a laundry cart topped with big fluffy pillows. When I got into my room, there were 4 king size pillows that were new! I have never noticed a new pillow in a hotel room ever - but boy do I notice the old ones that are lumpy and mis-shapen. Now I know what a new pillow looks like. They were in the familiar pillow cases marked soft and firm and were all great. Sorry to go on about pillows, but next to mattresses, they can make or break a good night's sleep. Next I noticed that there was an in room menu. Room service is something they didn't have last time I was here and I remember having to order something to go and schlepping down to the restaurant to pick it up myself. The menu seemed an improvement over the basic fare from my last visit. New pillows (and probably other room upgrades) along with room service and an upgraded menu will ensure that I head back to the Oceanside Holiday Inn again soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The trip was really good. the hotel deals was mind blowing . We got the excellent value for the price paid. The location of the hotel was also good. overall trip advisor deals were appreciable.
Good Job

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area? Share your experiences!