“Magnificent Hotel with outstanding customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #1 of 28 hotels in Oceanside
Redding, California
“Magnificent Hotel with outstanding customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I planned our first trip to Oceanside not really knowing the area but thought this hotel looked to be in a good location next to the harbour. We were very, very pleased with our choice! The customer service was top notch and the lobby was decorated very chic and had a very pleasant smell being piped in. I was shocked at how nice our room was for the price. We got a king suite that was set up for handicapped people so very spacious. The bed was very comfortable with lots of fresh, new comfy pillows. We spent a lot of time at the harbour and there was a shortcut in the back of the hotel to get there, that was an easy 5 minute walk. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
OCNPC, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to recommend us. We're happy to hear you had a great stay and we hope you can come see us again soon.

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
dfw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Get past the look of the outside and the trailer park across the street and you will find a gem! The staff is very friendly and helpful. I was given a handicap accessible room with a king size bed and it was very roomy with an upscale look. The view from my 4th floor window was of the rooftop of another part of the building and the hotel next door but the room made up for that. The lobby offers a bar and restaurant opened till 10pm. Drinks were ok and the chowder was quite good. The harbor with a selection of restaurants is right around the corner. Check out the Lighthouse Oyster bar-yummy! The entry ramp to the freeway is around the corner also making it a convenient location.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I hadn't stayed at this property for about 2 years. My last stay was fine, so I booked again. After a pleasant but routine check-in, the first change I noticed was in the elevator - they had a photo of a dinner item that caught my eye. When I was walking down the hall to my upgraded (thank you!) room, I noticed a laundry cart topped with big fluffy pillows. When I got into my room, there were 4 king size pillows that were new! I have never noticed a new pillow in a hotel room ever - but boy do I notice the old ones that are lumpy and mis-shapen. Now I know what a new pillow looks like. They were in the familiar pillow cases marked soft and firm and were all great. Sorry to go on about pillows, but next to mattresses, they can make or break a good night's sleep. Next I noticed that there was an in room menu. Room service is something they didn't have last time I was here and I remember having to order something to go and schlepping down to the restaurant to pick it up myself. The menu seemed an improvement over the basic fare from my last visit. New pillows (and probably other room upgrades) along with room service and an upgraded menu will ensure that I head back to the Oceanside Holiday Inn again soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The trip was really good. the hotel deals was mind blowing . We got the excellent value for the price paid. The location of the hotel was also good. overall trip advisor deals were appreciable.
Good Job

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Winchester, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and it was very nice. Super nice staff at check in. The hotel was clean and appears to be well run. The room was very nice, super clean, with a nice bed and nice shower. The beach is 5 minutes away, good restaurants and shops. The hotel's bar and restaurant albeit I didnt use it, looked very nice and inviting. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing west, you can see the ocean from the 6th floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We were so pleased with our room. It was our honeymoon and we really felt special. The room looked like it had just been remodeled and it was also was so roomy. It had so many extras, like an iron and hairdryer. I would recommend it to anyone.
We especially enjoyed the very spacious shower....a few times.

• Stayed October 2013
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived the place looks beautiful and clean. We were given a room but upon my inspection there were dirty towels on the floor. Thanks to the prevIous tenant they let us know it wasnt clean well, but on a positive note we got a different and xleaned room and a free appke juice. The hotel is nice it was prob a mistake. I wIll stay again. It was clean and updated furniture but hardley channels for children
cartoon network is a little to weird for little kids.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area? Share your experiences!