“Surprising Upgrades since last visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
La Selva Beach, California
“Surprising Upgrades since last visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I hadn't stayed at this property for about 2 years. My last stay was fine, so I booked again. After a pleasant but routine check-in, the first change I noticed was in the elevator - they had a photo of a dinner item that caught my eye. When I was walking down the hall to my upgraded (thank you!) room, I noticed a laundry cart topped with big fluffy pillows. When I got into my room, there were 4 king size pillows that were new! I have never noticed a new pillow in a hotel room ever - but boy do I notice the old ones that are lumpy and mis-shapen. Now I know what a new pillow looks like. They were in the familiar pillow cases marked soft and firm and were all great. Sorry to go on about pillows, but next to mattresses, they can make or break a good night's sleep. Next I noticed that there was an in room menu. Room service is something they didn't have last time I was here and I remember having to order something to go and schlepping down to the restaurant to pick it up myself. The menu seemed an improvement over the basic fare from my last visit. New pillows (and probably other room upgrades) along with room service and an upgraded menu will ensure that I head back to the Oceanside Holiday Inn again soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The trip was really good. the hotel deals was mind blowing . We got the excellent value for the price paid. The location of the hotel was also good. overall trip advisor deals were appreciable.
Good Job

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and it was very nice. Super nice staff at check in. The hotel was clean and appears to be well run. The room was very nice, super clean, with a nice bed and nice shower. The beach is 5 minutes away, good restaurants and shops. The hotel's bar and restaurant albeit I didnt use it, looked very nice and inviting. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing west, you can see the ocean from the 6th floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were so pleased with our room. It was our honeymoon and we really felt special. The room looked like it had just been remodeled and it was also was so roomy. It had so many extras, like an iron and hairdryer. I would recommend it to anyone.
We especially enjoyed the very spacious shower....a few times.

• Stayed October 2013
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived the place looks beautiful and clean. We were given a room but upon my inspection there were dirty towels on the floor. Thanks to the prevIous tenant they let us know it wasnt clean well, but on a positive note we got a different and xleaned room and a free appke juice. The hotel is nice it was prob a mistake. I wIll stay again. It was clean and updated furniture but hardley channels for children
cartoon network is a little to weird for little kids.

• Stayed September 2013
Anaheim CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 days in Oceanside, relaxing for a short weekend getaway. Holiday Inn was in a nice location-like the Happy Hour in the lobby downstairs. Although a distance, I could see the ocean from my room. Rooms are big and clean. Had a nice stay-will come back.

• Stayed September 2013
Moreno Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is my 2nd stay w/in the last 3 months. The 1st time we had an executive room and were really pleased with the size. The shower in the bathroom was very spacious. we had a nice separate bar area to make our drinks. Our view was the trailer park across the street but that was ok as I wasn't vacationing to look out the window all day. The day we checked out the maids were cleaning other rooms and we noticed a room similar to ours but with a couch.That was the only thing extra we would of wanted, as we like to sit on a couch to have our cocktails, rather than a bed. (So we knew our 2nd visit we would upgrade). Our 2nd visit we did get the jr suite that came with the sofa and a view of the ocean. in my opinion the room seemed more cramped because there was not much space at the foot of the bed. However the sofa area was roomy. The shower was not as big as our first room and while the other room had a sink in the bathroom and separate sink/bar area this room had a sink in the room where u have to use the space for your wet bar, coffee maker, and bathroom toiletries. For that reason alone I would not request this particular room. The air did not seem to be working too well in the elevator and the hallway. I didn't get the chance to check with staff about this problem. Another nice feature of hotel was the roof top deck. I only learned of it while checking online rates for our 2nd trip and looking at pics of the hotel. If I did not see the pics I would of never known about it as there are no signs and the staff did not inform us they had a roof top deck on our first visit. The hotels proximity to the harbor is a definite plus! It is a short 5-10 min walk to the harbor and the beach. The hotel has a nice little bar area, w/happy hour and a small dining area. To me this is a very good hotel for the price and location. I look forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area? Share your experiences!