“friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
redondo beach
“friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here accidentally as the hotel that we booked was oversold and they sent us here. The rooms are very clean and the staff throughout the hotel are extremely nice. It's more of a business hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if I had to. The best part of the stay were the nice people who worked here. Shout out to the tall Hispanic guy. Super nice and brought us new towels when we were at the pool. The wifi was fast and free which is always nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

this hotel isn't the best location and not exactly kid friendly (no bath tub) but the rooms are clean and the staff was helpful. rooms on the harbor side are quieter. the free coffee in the morning is good.

Room Tip: get a room on the harbor side
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Drew H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It is also nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations on some aspects of your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We have started here 4 times before and always had a great experience. The front staff were professional and helpful. The bed in our room was not comfortable for me (though I have neck and back problems from a car accident). We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant because we have always been happy with the quality of the food there. This morning, was not good, however. My bacon was literally burned black and my eggs, which I ordered over hard, were barely over easy. When it was brought to the server's attention, he just said OK, took my plate and brought the check with all charges. He did not offer to replace the food nor to take the charge off. We would stay here again only because of previous good experiences. If I had to base my opinion off of this stay alone, I would be hard pressed to pay that kind of money again.

• Stayed July 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff is wonderful and very helpful. Rooms are large and very clean. The location is good, just a short walk to the harbor and beach, and right off Interstate 5. Great place to stay, will stay there again and will recommend it to all my friends. We enjoyed our visit very much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Torrance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here last year and this time, I figured why not?

I really like the staff here. They're so on top of things and really nice. The hotel is near a good amount of things. It's literally walking distance down to the Marina. It's easy to find and parking isn't ever a problem. The room was nice, a good size. I really liked this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atascadero, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay - the staff was wonderful upon checking in and very helpful. The rooms are large (no views of the ocean but we were not expecting that), comfortable beds and a refrigerator, microwave & coffee pot in the room. The only negative was that the shower area was very dark with no light above the large shower & the lighting in the sink area was also poor. It was a short walk down to the marina area with shops and restaurants. As long as you don't expect to be on the ocean it is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a view either facing the courtyard and not facing the railroad and freeway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Chose this location and hotel because of the cost & location. I have a friend who lives off Hwy 76 and being the active person that I am I decided to ride my bicycle up to her house by taking the San Luis River Rey Trail that is located minutes from the hotel.

Service (A) Upon check in I was greeted by Front Desk and ask what my purpose of my visit was and shared I can walk my bicycle into my room.
Rooms (A) Spacious and clean. Comfy beds, pillows, microwave, sink, and refrigerator.
Location (A) Safe, clean surrounding area, located right off the 5 Fwy and steps away from the Marina that offers access to the beach and restaurants. There is also a Denny's gas station near by.

Overall enjoyed my stay and will return when I visit my friend again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area? Share your experiences!