“Will do it again!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Will do it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff is wonderful and very helpful. Rooms are large and very clean. The location is good, just a short walk to the harbor and beach, and right off Interstate 5. Great place to stay, will stay there again and will recommend it to all my friends. We enjoyed our visit very much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Torrance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here last year and this time, I figured why not?

I really like the staff here. They're so on top of things and really nice. The hotel is near a good amount of things. It's literally walking distance down to the Marina. It's easy to find and parking isn't ever a problem. The room was nice, a good size. I really liked this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atascadero, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay - the staff was wonderful upon checking in and very helpful. The rooms are large (no views of the ocean but we were not expecting that), comfortable beds and a refrigerator, microwave & coffee pot in the room. The only negative was that the shower area was very dark with no light above the large shower & the lighting in the sink area was also poor. It was a short walk down to the marina area with shops and restaurants. As long as you don't expect to be on the ocean it is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a view either facing the courtyard and not facing the railroad and freeway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Chose this location and hotel because of the cost & location. I have a friend who lives off Hwy 76 and being the active person that I am I decided to ride my bicycle up to her house by taking the San Luis River Rey Trail that is located minutes from the hotel.

Service (A) Upon check in I was greeted by Front Desk and ask what my purpose of my visit was and shared I can walk my bicycle into my room.
Rooms (A) Spacious and clean. Comfy beds, pillows, microwave, sink, and refrigerator.
Location (A) Safe, clean surrounding area, located right off the 5 Fwy and steps away from the Marina that offers access to the beach and restaurants. There is also a Denny's gas station near by.

Overall enjoyed my stay and will return when I visit my friend again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was very satisfied with my stay-especially the staff. They worked with me a lot to ensure that I had the best stay possible -even though I ran them around with check out times--getting a late check out, then asking for another night, then a partial day check out. They were all patient with me and very helpful as I was going through a difficult time with my boyfriend getting moved around different units. Sitting by the pool was nice and there are several things within walking distance of the hotel. Had several restaurants all within a 3 mile radius that were delicious-some of the best food I've ever had. Holiday Inns are always nice and I enjoyed my stay. Room was a good size and looked nice and clean. No real complaints. Free wifi as well.

• Stayed May 2013
Temecula, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I am so glad that we chose to stay at this hotel over other options that we were researching. The rooms were very large and accommodating to our family of 4. Nicely decorated, clean and had a home style feel. The view was of the ocean in the distance and some local shops around. My son loved playing "I Spy" out the window during our rest time in the room. Now for the real reason I decided to write a review. The staff. The staff was probably the nicest staff I have ever come in contact with. We were greeted, introduced and welcomed at different times during our stay by the front lobby gals, the serving staff, the overnight management and the cleaning crew. All were beyond kind and genuinely there to please and assist us during our stay. I could not speak highly enough of the staff. They sure are doing something right!

Also, we read a few of the reviews before booking about the fact that the hotel is a little "far" from the marina and required a drive or walk. Another reason I am glad I didn't go with reviews. If we had, we would have missed out on the local beauty. The walk to the beach was less than 10 min (keep in mind that we were tagging along a 4 year old and a one year old, so prob. shorter if you just want to skip the beauty of it all: The nature on the sidewalk, the bridge over the train tracks, amtrack train, the marina, the boats, the local restaurants/shops along the marina and the local men and woman who dedicate their days to greeting visitors and feeding the animals along the rocks). This was by far one of my favorite parts of the trip. Enjoying a nice relaxing walk with my family to the beach. :) It would be so sad if we had booked at another hotel closer to the beach and we missed out on the local beauty.

As far as the food. Like I stated above, the dinner staff was very friendly. The kids were a little messy and I apologized a few times because, as a mom, I was a little embarrassed. Our server was so nice and made me feel relaxed about the insane mess my children managed to make. With an amazing attitude and large smile toward my whole family, She told me that it was her job and that she loved serving others. In conversation she told me that it was my job to enjoy my stay and my family. She would cover the rest. It is almost like she knew why we were on our get-a-way in the first place! I sure did let go (though, I still felt bad about the mess, I let it go like she suggested). Also, I have never seen this before and it was pretty clever. SO THANKFUL for Televisions at the booths for meals in the restaurant. I must say, after a long day at the beach with kids. I was glad that my husband and I could still enjoy a meal because it really did keep the kids preoccupied in there state of exhaustion. I also appreciated that the waitress asked if we would like a remote to turn it on and didn't just assume we wanted it. Because it isn't something we normally allow. TV with Meals. But on vacation...we soaked it up! Another fine note on food was that they offered a mini-fridge and microwave in the room (not sure if every room has one, but ours did). Nice bringing the kids left overs up and allowing them to eat them later on at there own time.

Had a great stay. Nothing negative about the stay at all. We will definitely visit again for another get a way. The prices of the rooms were very well priced. :)

One happy and relaxed mom now.

Environmentally-friedly practices review:

Thought it was pretty cool that the hotel had different bins for waist so guests could throw out appropriately. Also that the complimentary beverage bar downstairs was of environmentally-friendly options. Oh, and I did use the mini-fridge in the hotel. I personally liked and noticed that they shut them off when they are not in use. Though, it was not cold when I placed my things in there, I liked that the hotel consciously shut them down to prevent electric waist! 5 Stars! And, it got cold in less than 20 min! So proud of the hotels practices.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wow...it's so close to the water but NO actual view of water. That was disappointing, but it was a short drive right to the Pier. Left to the Pier and right took you into the Marina area. We spent a day there checking out little shops along the marina. Lots of great boats to see. There was the fog during our stay so we saw lots of grey skies.

We walked out the end of the Pier and had lunch at Ruby's Diner. A cute little retro diner that just happens to have great burgers and has my mom's name. :) Actually I found it's a small chain on the west coast. Just stumbled across another Ruby's in Palm Springs. ( but that's another review )

Nice large room and comfy bed. Our room had a small kitchen area. They didn't have breakfast for guests. Just some coffee and fruit on the desk for snacks. I miss the warm breakfast to start my travel off right. Maid service was wonderful. The closet needed a light inside to see better. Very nice area and staff was great. I did walk out by the pool in back, too chilly for swimming but nice area. Very clean area and close to town.

Room Tip: Choose the sixth floor to actually SEE the ocean. The desk staff told us this AFTER we were booked i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area? Share your experiences!