“Three nights on the coast :)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 28 hotels in Oceanside
Phoenix, Arizona
“Three nights on the coast :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wow...it's so close to the water but NO actual view of water. That was disappointing, but it was a short drive right to the Pier. Left to the Pier and right took you into the Marina area. We spent a day there checking out little shops along the marina. Lots of great boats to see. There was the fog during our stay so we saw lots of grey skies.

We walked out the end of the Pier and had lunch at Ruby's Diner. A cute little retro diner that just happens to have great burgers and has my mom's name. :) Actually I found it's a small chain on the west coast. Just stumbled across another Ruby's in Palm Springs. ( but that's another review )

Nice large room and comfy bed. Our room had a small kitchen area. They didn't have breakfast for guests. Just some coffee and fruit on the desk for snacks. I miss the warm breakfast to start my travel off right. Maid service was wonderful. The closet needed a light inside to see better. Very nice area and staff was great. I did walk out by the pool in back, too chilly for swimming but nice area. Very clean area and close to town.

Room Tip: Choose the sixth floor to actually SEE the ocean. The desk staff told us this AFTER we were booked i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sherwood, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, business trip. The staff was pleasant, parking was easy, location was great for getting on and off the freeway. Room was very clean and well kept. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I had a room that faced away from the freeway and did not hear the freeway at all. It was very quie...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked a stay here based on the positive reviews it had received. The rooms were good size and nicely decorated, but the view from our window was of a dilapidated trailer park. Not at all what I had expected when I booked a room near a marina. Once we returned home, we realized that we had left my son's sweatshirt behind. I contacted Michael at HI Oceanside who did locate the sweatshirt. He informed me that they could ship it back to me and charge my card that was on file. I asked if they could please put it in a USPS flat rate envelope (less than $6). He refused. He stated that they would only use UPS (and could not explain to me why). I asked to know how much the shipping would cost and he said that they could not tell me, but would just charge the card. That seemed odd, but I reluctantly agreed since it is my son's favorite sweatshirt. Unfortunately, I found that I had been egregiously taken advantage of. My credit card was charged $30! This is a very lightweight dri fit sweatshirt that easily fit in an envelope. When I saw the charges to my card I called to inquire as to why this was so much. I was told that the shipping was $16, the envelope was $10 (Seriously?) and there were additional charges (like what?). In other words, this establishment has no problem taking advantage of people.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us - we hope you had an enjoyable visit in Oceanside. I am sorry that you left your item behind and are not happy with the method used to return it to you. We do not have the facilities to package and ship guests' items that are left behind ourselves. Therefore, we have a partnership with THE UPS STORE that handles the packing, shipping, and billing of lost and found packages. The reason that we cannot quote shipping and packing rates is that the UPS store wholly handles the process: They collect the article that was left, package it, ship it, and bill the guest the corresponding charges. We have no intent or motive to "take advantage" of anyone - I am sorry that we are not able to control the rates that UPS charges for the services they provided. Should you wish to discuss the rates with UPS, the store is located at 3460 Marron Rd #103, Oceanside, CA 92056 and they can be reached at 760-720-7800.

Although we did not generate the shipping charges, we would hate for the situation to cause you to have an overall negative memory of your visit. Please email me at gm@hioceanside.com and let me know your information and I will be happy to reimburse your shipping expense and make it right.

We cannot change the community that our hotel is located in, but we can certainly try to assign you a room that cannot see the residential community that is near us on your next visit.

Thank you for letting us know about your visit. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while retrieving your item left behind. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Oak Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times recently since we are looking for a condo in the area! We found this hotel to be very clean, well appointed, with a friendly atmosphere and an accommodating staff. We have tried other hotels in the area, but this is our "go to" place. It's central location gives you many dining and shopping options as well as beach activities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience - we are glad that you love staying with us! We look forward to your ongoing visits with us.

Best Regards,
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The staff at this hotel are not only pleasant and efficient, they are over and above the the average. They took care of me through all the complications caused by my business clients. I checked in and out a few times and had three different rooms. Geoffery Parkford, and his staff ,were awesome, accommodating and shared my sense of humor about it all. The Holiday Inn-Marina, in Oceanside, will be my first choice next time I have business in the area. The hotel is clean, beautiful, and close to shopping for anything you might need.
Thank you, Geoffrey and staff!
C. Caruso

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience - it was our pleasure having you as our guest. We enjoyed your fun stories and hope that your work brings you back to Camp Pendleton / Oceanside again soon.

Hope to see you again soon,

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We are frequent guests at Holiday Inns around the US. We often book with Holiday Inn/Express because we know just what to expect. However, this particular property exceeded all expectations. The staff at the front desk were welcoming and friendly throughout our stay. The room was fresh, spacious, and attractive. There was sufficient soundproofing so that we did not share the activities of guests staying next door or above us. The beach and marina areas are a short walk down a dirt path and across a parking lot (about five minutes). The pool and jacuzzi are not resort-quality due to the limited space and lack of a good location (in the parking lot), but with a beautiful beach so close it isn't a problem. The fitness center has two treadmills, an elliptical, a recumbent bike, and a set of free weights. It is small but clean. Breakfast is not included but is available for $10.95 for standard continental fare. The quality of the room, the staff, and the proximity to the beach/marina make this an outstanding property for a stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Oceanside and thank you for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express brands. As a loyal guest of IHG hotels, we greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback about your experience.

We are thrilled to hear that our hotel and staff exceeded your expectations and hope that your travel plans bring you back again soon as it was our pleasure serving you.

Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I were attending a Navy Corpsman pinning ceremony for my son. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating to our family. We had the queen size suit which was perfect with a pull out sofa bed. The housekeepers came every day to attend to our needs. Within walking distance was the beautiful beach and many restaurants. Camp Pendleton's gate 5 was right around the corner along with the main highway #5. Great location, and value for families visiting the Marine Corps base.

Room Tip: Suites are a good size.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sharon,
We are very happy to hear that your enjoyed your visit during your son's recent pinning ceremony. Congratulations to your and your family and we salute your son for his service.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We hope that your travel plans will bring you back to your son (and us) again soon so we will have the opportunity to serve you.

Warm Regards,
Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area? Share your experiences!