We came to Oceanside for my husband’s annual reunion with his Marine buddies.
This was the nicest Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at. The lobby is institutional; the front desk, the restaurant & the “bar” such that it is, all run together but the staff were very nice. Emily, the bartender, stayed open a bit longer so my husband & his friends could continue to catch up. Her husband was a Marine so she was happy to give them more time together.
We loved: the room décor with dark woods; the kitchenette, the location, the HUGE shower, the outdoor hot tub, the observation deck on the 6th floor, & the staff. Even though they were full Saturday night, there was plenty of parking. I was pleasantly surprised to find guava juice as one of the choices for breakfast. The facility has on-site laundry which must be great for military families. The WiFi worked well.
We weren’t crazy about the extremely noisy room air conditioner, the dryer smell & heat in the halls.
There’s a gas station on the corner by the Del Taco and the Denny’s. It had cheap soft drinks & a fairly well stocked liquor store. I’m not sure who would buy Johnny Walker Blue at a gas station but you can. If you go out the back of the hotel and around the pool for the Days Inn there’s a dirt path you can walk down to the harbor where you will find a variety of restaurants in all price ranges. Friends walked the 1.5 miles to the heart of downtown Oceanside. We paid about $6 with tip to take a cab. N.B. Cabs are scarce because all the Marines are using them for the same reasons. It was nice that people think about not drinking & driving.
We will definitely be back.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina Hotel
- Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina Hotel Oceanside
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Oceanside Marina area, the Holiday Inn features 110 guest rooms and Jr suites. On site heated outdoor pool/spa, fitness center, full service restaurant and bar. Covered parking. Walk to the beach and harbor & 700 yards from the Camp Pendleton main gate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina - MCB Camp Pendleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.