“A great stay in Oceanside” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Oceanside
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“A great stay in Oceanside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

It was my first trip to California from Australia so I was nervous booking a stay anywhere!
The overall stay was fantastic, the staff were helpful and very friendly.
Special thanks to Joanne at front desk who helped us out with a dilemma we had!
The rooms are decent and very clean - I always judge hotel rooms by the cleanliness of the bathroom especially haha
Although there is plenty of restaurants around, we were recommended to try the restaurant and was not disappointed. I would call myself a foodie and the food was great.
Will definitely come and stay again and recommend this to anybody needing a place to stay in Oceanside!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I travel quite a bit on business and stayed at hotels all over the country. This is by far the best experience of customer service I have ever seen. Every employee from mangement, reception, food service, maintenance, and housekeeping went out of their way to ensure that my stay was the best it could possibly be. It was obvious the employees enjoyed working there and it showed in their upbeat attitudes and friendly smiles everday. Kudos to the entire staff!

Room Tip: I was originally in room 334 but the hot water was not working properly to my satisfaction so I was...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

My fiance who is from SD moved to Australia and upon returning to California to visit family we wanted a place to stay which was close by to them and Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina seemed like the perfect location. We were not disappointed!! ALL the staff were great and extremely helpful especially Joanne. I was grateful she was so knowledgable on the hotel and surrounding areas and finding out that she is a fellow Australian made being away a less "homesick" experience.
The hotel is lovely - nice clean rooms and oh so comfortable bed! The food and service at the restaurant was great, we were recommended the five pepper chicken and it was divine!
Thanks to all who helped to make our holidy a memorable one. We would definitely come back!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
On behalf of Joanne, the 5-pepper chicken, and the rest of the staff, we thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel during your recent visit to Oceanside! We hope that you will choose to stay at our hotel next time your travels bring you our way again.
Neumunster, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I was sorprise how good WAS all the staff at the front desk...the housekeepers and all the employees... Location was perfect for our stay, so convenient. very special thanks to Geoffrey thew GM for all his help and advise... we will return to your hotel for sure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and the level of service received from our staff. It is our hope that your travels bring you to California from Germany again soon and we have the opportunity to welcome you back!
oceanside, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Brand new. Good location. Excellent staff. One has to be careful in Oceanside because many motels are homes to crime and drugs. This motel is safe and secure.

• Stayed October 2011
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. Guest safety is our primary concern at our hotel and we do take every step possible to ensure our guests have a safe experience. As with all travel, we do suggest that you be sure and lock your car doors as well as lock the deadbolt and safety latch while in your guestroom. Our staff is available 24/7 to address any concerns and to be of service.
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Best service i have ever had at a hotel and i travel a lot. The lady that helped with our meetings in the conference room Oct 18-20 was awesome. The whole room was big, beautiful and clean. A 5 min walk to the marina which has great restuarants and some stores to do souvenir shopping. Very close to Camp Pendleton. The only thing is it can be a little hard to find if you don't know your way around.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Our busy and stressful Orange County lifestyle had finally gotten to me and I hadn't been able to sleep. I needed a 'sanity escape'. I jumped on Priceline.com and found a hotel in a nearby city that would provide us with the opportunity to enjoy the beach and fresh air at a reasonable rate. I wanted a nice hotel, one that would be clean and up-scale, but this time around I didn't need a 5 star glitzy place. I just needed a retreat! Was very thankful to find that I had won the room at the Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina on Price line for $55 per night (plus fees of course).

The hotel Staff was warm and friendly; some of the nicest we have ever experienced! Made us feel welcome right away and I knew right away I had come to the right place to recuperate from my exhaustion.

We asked for a 'quiet room' and our lovely host put us in an end unit which would have been protected us from possible noise of other guests walking through the hallways. Our room was nice, very clean, and had a king sized bed that was very, very comfortable (and - believe me - I'm picky). Not much of a view but that wasn't essential to me this trip.

Unfortunately, my insomnia problems continued the first night's stay because the room we had been given (although a quiet end room) was facing the freeway. In the morning the commute traffic going to San Diego sounded like a mild and continual 'roar to me. I'm sensitive to sound though; for some, this may have been no problem.

But...this is the kicker: We called down to the front desk and they INSTANTLY made another room available for us. And, this one was wonderful. It was in the back of the hotel, facing the beach area (we had somewhat of a beach view from the window). They had upgraded us FREE to a Junior Suite. The room was great and I FINALLY slept like a baby and felt like a million dollars the next day.

Internet access for many hotels cost extra these days, but I was very happy to find that the Holiday Inn Marina charged nothing extra for me to use my laptop in-room. And the service was fast and without problem. Another plus!

I have to carry special food with me during travel, and the in-room refrigerator and microwave was very helpful. Small sink was available too. Bring your own dishes and utensils with you if you need to bring your own food as I do.

We did not take advantage of the eating facility so I can't comment about that. We did stop by the fitness room and it was quite adequate. There are bicycle rentals available right there at the hotel for a reasonable cost so you can get out and about and cruise around the marina and beach areas.

With a short hop onto the freeway we were in Carlsbad and at the Shopping Outlets, which we love. We ate at King's Fish house twice while there which I recommend. It is across the street from the Carlsbad Outlet.

We got in lots of walking during those two days - the Carlsbad beach and the Oceanside beach near the hotel. Both lovely.

The hotel itself is in a typical marina type area, but if you're used to beach cities, you expect that. Once inside, it is wonderful. And it has great access to the marina and beaches and wonderful shopping. For a quick get-away, where you can get some fresh air and lots of enjoyable beach time in, plus Outlet Shopping - you can't beat this hotel for the price.

Oh, there are two things I need to advise you on. If you are a "BATH" person, make sure that you tell your host you need a room with a bath when booking or at arrival. The two rooms we had both had only a shower. Granted it was a HUGE shower, with superb bath products, but if you were fantasizing about a good 'soak', you'll be disappointed. Just make sure you book a room with a bath if that's important to you. I believe that baths may come only with 2 queen sized beds (but I may be wrong).

The T.V. and reception was fine, but there was no option for pay-for-movies. I always like to have a choice of a good movie when I'm relaxing at night. The lobby advised they did have DVDs available, but check on this if it's important to you.

Enjoy our beautiful California beaches - even if it's for a quick 1 or 2 night get away. A Sanity Escape!

Room Tip: If you want a BATH, discuss in advance as I think they come only with the 2-queen bed option.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
We are so happy to hear that you had a great time. Please come and visit us again soon. Be sure to follow us on Facebook as we often have fan-only specials that you can take advantage of. Until next time, happy travels!

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area? Share your experiences!