“Nicest Wyndham we have stayed in” 5 of 5 stars

Holiday Sale - 25% Off
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Texas
“Nicest Wyndham we have stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Some of our recent trips as vacation rentals have been disappointing lately. This location, however, is outstanding. Rooms are great and we had a beautiful view of the ocean. The room was clean and looked brand new. We stayed for a long weekend, along with one other couple. The two bedroom unit was plenty of space for us. I only wish that we could have stayed longer!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience here in Oceanside - I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to welcoming you as our guests again in the future!

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Windsor, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Beautiful location. Excellent views. Comfortable rooms. We are not owners and did not have a direct ocean view which we knew would not be available to rental guests. However, from certain areas of our room we could see the ocean, trees, lovely room and views. Staff very friendly and helpful. My husband and I went out to dinner came home and were falling asleep around 9p and they called our room to invite us to another breakfast because we did not go the one set up immediately upon our arrival the night before (son answered phone and told them we would try to make it----also got a reminder call the next morning. It would be nice if right from the start these "invitations to breakfast" were clearly stated that they are for timeshare presentation (which we figured) however, upon arrival to this breakfast we were asked to fill out a form. They wanted picture ID of both husband and wife, Driver's license info, credit card information and yearly income. We were not told we would need to bring ID to "breakfast" and did NOT feel comfortable giving any of our information. Would definitely stay again but next time upon arrival and visit to the concierge desk would make it known that we are not interested in owning a timeshare or attending any "breakfast gatherings".

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello! I'm pleased to read your comments about your recent experience. As you learned, we are a timeshare resort and will invite guests to learn more about the products we offer. I will forward your coments on to our Marketing Manager for their review.

We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future!

Warm regards,

Arizona City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

As a time share owner we did not meet with any unexpected problems. We had booked an Ocean front room and we were delighted with the room. We had a great view of the ocean and the pier. The weather cooperated most of the week. We parked our car in the free parking area under the resort and never moved it once we got there. The local transportation system is outstanding and should be incorporated in many other large cities in the US. We rode the train to San Diego and enjoyed the view from the upper deck of the train. The staff of the resort was professional and friendly, from the check in people to the entire staff. We never passed and employee without being greeted with a good morning or afternoon. There were several activities during the week from donuts and coffee on two mornings to a Mexican food dinner that was free. The pier was great fun and Ruby's at the end of the pier was a great place to eat. I had read many negative reviews about Ruby's but did not have any problems. The service was fast and the food was excellent.

While you can hear the train horn from the front of the resort it was not a distraction and we did not lose any sleep because of it. This is an excellent resort and I would give it five stars. We have been owners for many years and I think this is one of the best resort weeks I have had. Great job Wyndham.

Room Tip: Book a room near the front of the resort and enjoy the view of the ocean.
Green Features: Trash had a place for plastic and cans for recycling.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing such great comments and tips about the resort! I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time and that you took advantage of the train, it is a great way to travel the coast for a day trip!

We look forward to your next visit!

Rancho Cucamonga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Booked a 2 bedroom here through ResorTime. I, my wife, and kids 6 in all headed out here for a short 2 night stay. I called at 2 o'clock the day of check in confirming our reservation and was assured our 2 bedroom condo was available and awaiting our presence. Arrived at 6pm that evening at the front desk. Was greeted in a friendly manner and asked for my credit card, after swiping the card for the Security Deposit I was then told they " ran out of 2 bedrooms". After waiting 2 hours in the lobby they "offered" to give us a 1 bedroom and a studio. Recommending we sleep separate ... Out of options and the time of night I told them to keep the studio and we will make due with the 1bedroom. They offered to credit the difference of the 2 bedroom vs the 1, I have not received any credit thus far nor have I heard from them after leaving countless messages on how displeased we were. We will never stay here or recommend Wyndham Oceanside Pier again.

• Stayed January 2014
My apologies to you for a disappointing experience. We had several unexpected challenges these past two weeks as a result of an exterior paint project causing several last minute changes to reservations. Please be assured that this is not typical for our resort. It is my hope that you do give our resort another opportunity in the future. If I can be of personal assistance, please do feel free to contact me at 760.901.1200.

Duarte, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Overall, a very nice and clean place to stay. The best feature is that the resort is within a 2 minute walk to the sand, surf, and Oceanside pier. Great spot, plenty of parking (at least when I went), and close to lots of fun things to do. Pool was nice and clean, kids game area, and fitness center was large and had most equipment for a great workout!! One possible negative point, the Amtrask Surfliner and Metrolink trains run constantly, and you can hear the train and the train bells/horn. So, it could be bothersome for some people. I didn't mind it, but the resort does offer complimentary disposible ear plugs.

Also, since this is a timeshare resort as part of Wyndham's family of resorts, they will more than likely offer you a timeshare presentation and a gift to attend. We've done this a couple of times, as one gift was a free 3 day/2 night stay at any Wyndham resort and the other was a $100 AMEX gift card. Both times, they offered breakfast, so we signed up, sat through the presentation, had breakfast (which wasn't bad at all), and received out gift. If you decide to do the presentation here, here are a couple of tips for you. If you tell them upfront that you have no interest in buying a timeshare, they won't be as pushy. Also, when youfill in the timeshare profile sheet when you check in, put your income at the bare minimum of $40000, that way you don't have to sit through their top to bottom sales pitch, from the most expensive plan to the least expensive plan. Also, under no circumstances (unless of course you plan to buy a timeshare), do you allow them to run your credit or get your social security number. If they have your credit score, they will be even pushier to sell to you becuase they will know what you can really afford. I didn't permit them to run my credit, but others who did when I was there were pushed hard to buy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, the details are helpful and right on target! I'm pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the resort and the area, there is a lot to offer!

We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again in the future!

Happy travels!
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I am a timeshare owner so I know what to expect when I travel to a Wyndham resort. Many of these reviews are from what would appear to be non owners. This is our second stay and the unit met all of our expectations. Fully equipped kitchen, our home away from home. We had a north tower 7th floor unit overlooking the ocean. Awesome sunsets. Even the weather co-operated. On the down side our safe was not working but the maintenance men looked after that pronto and the front desk called to make sure everything was looked after. The other issue was the hit and miss wifi reception for our first three days but again this eventually was sorted out. The front end and maintenance staff were prompt and courteous.
As for the trains - my son and I are train fanatics so we enjoyed listening to the trains. We travelled to Oceanside by train. That's the beauty of staying here - you can travel all over Southern California from here using the local transit services.

Avoid the timeshare sales chat unless you are interested in purchasing. I did go for an update and was not impressed with our meeting. The sales person got up and left several times to "get" paperwork that we finally left after waiting 20 minutes.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for your review! Yes, I am glad you mentioned that we are a timeshare resort and we do have some hotel rooms on the city view side of the property. All guests, however, have full use of all amenities while visiting, including a 7th floor Sky Lounge with panoramic views of the coast line.

I'm pleased to hear about the prompt response of the team and how you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again in the future!

Safe Travels,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Wasn't thrilled. Location is amazing, but that's about it. Furniture and decor is lacking and cheap. I appreciate ambiance. This is somewhere to go back to after a long day of adventuring in San Diego, not to lounge around all day.

• Stayed January 2014
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for review and sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear the decor wasn't pleasing to you. We did renovate the property in 2013 and replaced all sofas, chairs, bedding, mattresses, drapery, carpet and more throughout the property and have had many complimentary comments. We do take constructive comments into consideration for future renovations, so we appreciate your feedback.

Safe travels,
Resort Manager

Been to Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort? Share your experiences!