“Great week in Oceanside” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Sale - 15% Off
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona City, Arizona
“Great week in Oceanside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

As a time share owner we did not meet with any unexpected problems. We had booked an Ocean front room and we were delighted with the room. We had a great view of the ocean and the pier. The weather cooperated most of the week. We parked our car in the free parking area under the resort and never moved it once we got there. The local transportation system is outstanding and should be incorporated in many other large cities in the US. We rode the train to San Diego and enjoyed the view from the upper deck of the train. The staff of the resort was professional and friendly, from the check in people to the entire staff. We never passed and employee without being greeted with a good morning or afternoon. There were several activities during the week from donuts and coffee on two mornings to a Mexican food dinner that was free. The pier was great fun and Ruby's at the end of the pier was a great place to eat. I had read many negative reviews about Ruby's but did not have any problems. The service was fast and the food was excellent.

While you can hear the train horn from the front of the resort it was not a distraction and we did not lose any sleep because of it. This is an excellent resort and I would give it five stars. We have been owners for many years and I think this is one of the best resort weeks I have had. Great job Wyndham.

Room Tip: Book a room near the front of the resort and enjoy the view of the ocean.
Green Features: Trash had a place for plastic and cans for recycling.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing such great comments and tips about the resort! I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time and that you took advantage of the train, it is a great way to travel the coast for a day trip!

We look forward to your next visit!

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Rancho Cucamonga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Booked a 2 bedroom here through ResorTime. I, my wife, and kids 6 in all headed out here for a short 2 night stay. I called at 2 o'clock the day of check in confirming our reservation and was assured our 2 bedroom condo was available and awaiting our presence. Arrived at 6pm that evening at the front desk. Was greeted in a friendly manner and asked for my credit card, after swiping the card for the Security Deposit I was then told they " ran out of 2 bedrooms". After waiting 2 hours in the lobby they "offered" to give us a 1 bedroom and a studio. Recommending we sleep separate ... Out of options and the time of night I told them to keep the studio and we will make due with the 1bedroom. They offered to credit the difference of the 2 bedroom vs the 1, I have not received any credit thus far nor have I heard from them after leaving countless messages on how displeased we were. We will never stay here or recommend Wyndham Oceanside Pier again.

• Stayed January 2014
My apologies to you for a disappointing experience. We had several unexpected challenges these past two weeks as a result of an exterior paint project causing several last minute changes to reservations. Please be assured that this is not typical for our resort. It is my hope that you do give our resort another opportunity in the future. If I can be of personal assistance, please do feel free to contact me at 760.901.1200.

Duarte, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Overall, a very nice and clean place to stay. The best feature is that the resort is within a 2 minute walk to the sand, surf, and Oceanside pier. Great spot, plenty of parking (at least when I went), and close to lots of fun things to do. Pool was nice and clean, kids game area, and fitness center was large and had most equipment for a great workout!! One possible negative point, the Amtrask Surfliner and Metrolink trains run constantly, and you can hear the train and the train bells/horn. So, it could be bothersome for some people. I didn't mind it, but the resort does offer complimentary disposible ear plugs.

Also, since this is a timeshare resort as part of Wyndham's family of resorts, they will more than likely offer you a timeshare presentation and a gift to attend. We've done this a couple of times, as one gift was a free 3 day/2 night stay at any Wyndham resort and the other was a $100 AMEX gift card. Both times, they offered breakfast, so we signed up, sat through the presentation, had breakfast (which wasn't bad at all), and received out gift. If you decide to do the presentation here, here are a couple of tips for you. If you tell them upfront that you have no interest in buying a timeshare, they won't be as pushy. Also, when youfill in the timeshare profile sheet when you check in, put your income at the bare minimum of $40000, that way you don't have to sit through their top to bottom sales pitch, from the most expensive plan to the least expensive plan. Also, under no circumstances (unless of course you plan to buy a timeshare), do you allow them to run your credit or get your social security number. If they have your credit score, they will be even pushier to sell to you becuase they will know what you can really afford. I didn't permit them to run my credit, but others who did when I was there were pushed hard to buy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, the details are helpful and right on target! I'm pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the resort and the area, there is a lot to offer!

We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again in the future!

Happy travels!
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I am a timeshare owner so I know what to expect when I travel to a Wyndham resort. Many of these reviews are from what would appear to be non owners. This is our second stay and the unit met all of our expectations. Fully equipped kitchen, our home away from home. We had a north tower 7th floor unit overlooking the ocean. Awesome sunsets. Even the weather co-operated. On the down side our safe was not working but the maintenance men looked after that pronto and the front desk called to make sure everything was looked after. The other issue was the hit and miss wifi reception for our first three days but again this eventually was sorted out. The front end and maintenance staff were prompt and courteous.
As for the trains - my son and I are train fanatics so we enjoyed listening to the trains. We travelled to Oceanside by train. That's the beauty of staying here - you can travel all over Southern California from here using the local transit services.

Avoid the timeshare sales chat unless you are interested in purchasing. I did go for an update and was not impressed with our meeting. The sales person got up and left several times to "get" paperwork that we finally left after waiting 20 minutes.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for your review! Yes, I am glad you mentioned that we are a timeshare resort and we do have some hotel rooms on the city view side of the property. All guests, however, have full use of all amenities while visiting, including a 7th floor Sky Lounge with panoramic views of the coast line.

I'm pleased to hear about the prompt response of the team and how you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again in the future!

Safe Travels,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Wasn't thrilled. Location is amazing, but that's about it. Furniture and decor is lacking and cheap. I appreciate ambiance. This is somewhere to go back to after a long day of adventuring in San Diego, not to lounge around all day.

• Stayed January 2014
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for review and sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear the decor wasn't pleasing to you. We did renovate the property in 2013 and replaced all sofas, chairs, bedding, mattresses, drapery, carpet and more throughout the property and have had many complimentary comments. We do take constructive comments into consideration for future renovations, so we appreciate your feedback.

Safe travels,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have never felt so disgusted with the way I was treated at this resort. First of all there Is the train that everyone complains about , but the ear plugs really do block out that bull crap noise. I have never been told that house keeping only visits once a week even when I am spending 7 + nights at their hotel. After 3 long nights of having the sign on my door asking them to please clean my room I had to call down to the lobby on more then 1 occasion and beg them to please send someone up. They replied to me "sorry the maids do not come every day only Tuesdays" I explained I needed my room cleaned as I am used to living in much more hygienic conditions because usually they come once a day. They said they will make an EXCEPTION even though it's not a cleaning day. I left my room and went out for lunch, I expect a clean room upon my return. I have never been so shocked with the state they left my room in. The sheets were not changed, the bathroom was not cleaned and I had no fresh towels or toilet paper. I reused the same towel for the pool for 7 long days which isn't a big deal since I'm not picky but when I realized after I had no toilet paper I thought to myself what did housekeeping accomplish ? To my knowledge all they did was make the bed from dirty sheets that I had been sleeping in for quite sometime. This was not normal to me as I travel a lot and when the housekeeping comes in everyday I have new towels and toilet paper because this is standard procedure. I called the main lobby and specifically asked them to clean my room only to realize she came in and pulled the covers on the bed and left. On the pull out bed there was a white sheet folded thinking that it was an extra sheet. As I came to my bed after an exhausting day, I realized that it wasn't an extra sheet that I was provided, but was in fact the sheet that the maid was too lazy to put on the bed. We did not ask for much but for them it was too much, they didn't even have their maids trained to make a bed. Normally, there is a manager that comes and checks to see if the maid did her job correctly. Clearly nobody checked or someone did check and did not realize what a horrible job she had done. I have never seen this in my life after staying at over hundreds of hotels and resorts in my life. I have never left a review on trip advisor but I felt the need to let the new potential customers know that this place isn't a 4.6 on 5 at all. Do not let yourself be fooled and read the negative reviews before booking. I made the mistake of just looking at the rating and not reading into other peoples bad experiences with this place. The second problem was about the train, my father could not sleep because of it. After three nights he went to the lobby and they told him you have to wait to speak with the manager. They told him to come down at 10am which he did only to find out that the manager still hasn't arrived. They then told him to come back at 11. We had plans and wanted to switch our room before leaving for the day. Finally he went down and spoke with the manager and all he said was sorry we cannot do anything for you, that is the room you have paid for, that is the room you are stuck in for another five nights. My father always reserves online with Wyndham across North America and he has never been treated so badly seeing as he is a loyal customer. We ended up finishing our stay there with extreme dissapointment and we can now say that we will never reserve with any other Wyndham hotel regardless of the location.

Stayed January 2014
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you Bizzxo for sharing your experience, certainly a disappointing one. As a timeshare resort, we do not offer the same services that a hotel does, including the housekeeping service. I am truly sorry that was not explained more clearly to you prior to your arrival and then again once you arrived. The housekeeping services you described are what we provide for all guests, however we will gladly replenish amenities upon request. More disappointing to me is the response by my team so I will certainly share your comments with them

Thank you again for sharing your experience. I

760.901.1200
oxnard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This property has a great location! The Hotel rooms do NOT have ocean views...but there is a room/lounge that all guests my use and it has a great view!!! They have fun activities for guests! You can have lunch at the end of the pier!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Irene - Thank you for sharing your experience at Oceanside Pier! I'm glad you mentioned the Sky Lounge, located on the 7th floor of each tower. Definitely the best view in town from there! It is available to all registered owners and guests to bring their own refreshments and enjoy the sunsets!

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Resort Manager

Been to Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort? Share your experiences!