“Perfect Oceanside Location!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Culver City, California
“Perfect Oceanside Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

You couldn't ask for a better location for a weekend at the beach. The Wyndham overlooks the Oceanside Pier, giving you pristine views of the Pacific, including their historic Oceanside Pier. Watching the surfers from the pier was a real treat, since the waters in Oceanside are much cleaner than they are in LA.

Our two-bedroom suite was just divine. Bedding made sleeping-in a real treat, since I'm usually up with the cats before 5 a.m. Rooms were nicely appointed with modern amenities, and an upscale decor.

Loved that the hotel braced one of finest restaurants in the area, 333 Pacific, which is a foodies paradise. Dining there at sunset made the weekend special, and the fact that the restaurant was still participating in Restaurant Week, made it a delectible bargain.

I'd definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Try to book a room overlooking the ocean if you can.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed a pristine view. It's also great to hear you enjoyed your room and restaurant accommodations. We hope to see you at our property again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Glendale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hubby and I just returned from a 3 night stay in a one bedroom deluxe condo at this resort. The staff were all very friendly and informative. I was worried about a hard sell to buy a time share, but although we were invited to the presentation at check-in there was never another mention of it. We had unit number 511, with a balcony overlooking the pool with an incredible view of the ocean and pier. The unit was supplied with all the necessary cooking and serving equipment as well as a washer and dryer. The bathroom was spacious and included a large jacuzzi tub for soaking. Although Amtrak trains run just behind the hotel, the windows deadened most of the noise and we were able to sleep. The only fault I could find with the unit was the blanket. It was almost see-through and was stained. But that was far outweighed by all the positives. Parking and internet are complimentary. There are activities available daily for children and adults. I would definitely return here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a south facing room in the north tower. They have the best view of the pier.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I really liked this place, and it fell short of 5 stars for the simple reason that they want you to buy a time share. They remind you every day of your stay. I will say they were polite about it, but I do not like pressure sales at all.
The location and the property are beautiful and well maintained. Just cross a 2 lane road and you are at the beach! The pier is right in front of the hotel also. We got a 2 bdrm 2 bath condo with a full kitchen and a small balcony. It was clean and well stocked. The master bdrm had a jacuzzi tub. The restaurant in front of the hotel is very good, but a bit pricey. Just 2 blocks up are restaurants, a movie theatre, bars, ice cream, and convience stores. Lots of cute little surf shops. The area has a lot of locals in it, but there is a lot of security at night. We never felt uncomfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Whittier, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My sister and I were given a 2 night stay at this resort as a graduation gift. Since we were getting a 1 bedroom (very roomy) with a fully stocked kitchenette and a hideaway bed, we decided to bring our kid sister and my son. The view from the balcony was ok but it had a BBQ which we used!! After reading a few reviews, I expected a not so great place and noise! This place was great! It is located right off the freeway and the noise was not a problem. The walk to the beach was nice! There are shops and restaurants. A great little place to get away. We only live about an hour away but had never stopped in Oceanside. The pier is not very far at all. I was impressed by the staff. We arrived hours before our check-in time and they called us as soon as something was available. I was impressed by the hospitality!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for 10days in August. Having read some not too positive reviews about noise from the trains, bad beaches and dodgy area for druggies, I wasn't looking forward to it very much. However....
We were given such a warm and friendly greeting at Reception by Asherae I found myself beginning to like the place immediately! We were asked to go to collect our parking pass and during conversation, we were invited by Sean to a preview of the property. We said we would think about it and received no hard pressure from him at all.
We went up to find our two bed apartment and loved it! I had requested a pool view away from the train noise and we were given this. The apartment was slightly smaller than other I have stayed in at other Resorts, although you are on the beach in California! The guest bedroom was off the kitchen and had no window, so maybe a bit confining if you are claustrophobic. Apart from this we were delighted with our comfortable ten day home! I heard the trains the first night but was not disturbed by them after that!
We were invited down to the cheese and wine social that evening. We were welcomed by the activities team who explained all the activities upon offer and we immediately began making new friends as we wandered around the room. Great start!!
We took up the offer of the preview. It was professionally done and not too pressured. Joelle our rep did a great job explaining the way Wyndham works. We also got free breakfast and a $100 reward card for our time!
We loved the location, being just over the road from the beach and pier was amazing. We walked along the beach to the marina and saw the boats and the seals We walked the other direction as well, along to Carlsbad which is about 3miles. Evenings were spent in the sunset lounge watching the amazing sunsets with a glass of wine, or walking the pier watching all the fishermen.
The Activities team offer lots for you to do as well. We loved the doughnut breakfast and had loads!!
My husband loved seeing all the trains go by the trains and spent several days taking himself off to San Diego (an hour by train) and up to LA!!
Do go and try TinTin,the fish restaurant on the pier, the fish is gorgeous and the place is always busy. The Thursday Markets are worth a visit, too
We had very little problem with druggies and down and outs. We saw a couple on the last day, but they did not mar the holiday as I had dreaded. We saw far more in San Diego.
All in all we had a fantastic time, staff brilliant, adored the Resort and had wonderful weather. Do give it a try, we can't wait to return!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife took me here to celebrate my birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better present. I don't have to go into detail, you can read the other reviews. We stayed in a two bedroom suite on the back side of the property. Although we heard the trains passing, with our windows closed the noise wasn't a problem. The only negative comment I really have is that I wish there had been poolside beverage and food service like we've come accustom to at other resorts such as Hilton and Marriott. We decided to forgo the timeshare breakfast and meeting and did not feel pressured at all.

Forney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The length of our stay was 17 wonderful days. My children came out, to join my significant other and myself, along with my daughter's boyfriend. If you need anything brought up to your room, you blink, and it's there. Well, maybe not quite that fast, but pretty darn close. The staff is very personable, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and very accommodating. The rooms are always clean, and looking new each time we go there, for we plan an annual vacation there every August, this being our 8th time staying. "Can't Wait To Go back". We always have fun: The Oceanside Pier is smack dab, in your face; what a view: all the way south, down to La Jolla, north towards San Clemente, and the Big, Blue, Pacific Ocean right there. You can walk to almost everything Oceanside has to offer. Avoid the cost of a rental car, from the airport, take the the train to Oceanside, walk over 1 block to the resort. The pool area is fun, activity director, Maria, is a hoot, and a great staff there too. Mgmt is top notch, always pitching in where necessary; bellmen go out of there way to assist you. Wyndham is a great company to own a timeshare with. I own 1,600,000 pts with them, and have been adding points on for years= more points, more fun, more trading power. You can't go wrong staying at this resort.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side of the resort do have a bit of train noise. Most rooms have a nice view of th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort? Share your experiences!